Home

How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

This is a discussion on How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside ) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Quote:
Originally Posted by probowlsteelerfan
NFLHITTMAN,

After watching your videos, which by the way are great, I had a question pertaining to the automatic drop backs. I certaintly like the idea of the auto drop back, it looks very, very realistic. My question is this.

Are bootlegs part of APF and if so are they autolized as well? And if so when do you as the player regain control of the quarterback? Also, what about playaction bootlegging? Thanks.
Bootlegs are a auto play also if you let them. Bootlegs don't work that well in APF though. The Defense gets through way to easy. You could bring WR's to the side you will bootleg and set them to block for you but I would rather have them in a route.

The Play Action Roll outs work very well. All Drop Backs, PA, and bootlegs are all automatic if you let them. You can break out of any drop at any time during the drop by flicking the left analog stick.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Bootlegs are a auto play also if you let them. Bootlegs don't work that well in APF though. The Defense gets through way to easy. You could bring WR's to the side you will bootleg and set them to block for you but I would rather have them in a route.

The Play Action Roll outs work very well. All Drop Backs, PA, and bootlegs are all automatic if you let them. You can break out of any drop at any time during the drop by flicking the left analog stick.
Thanks for the info.

I'm a huge Steeler fan and anyone who knows Steeler football, or football for that matter knows Ben is at his best out of the pocket, either from a playaction, bootleg, or broken play.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

damn, look how the o line fans out, its a thing of beauty. if madden can replicated the same thing, along with the pass rush from 2k8 or something along those lines, id be set!

it would stop cheesers from scrambling and actually force them to read the defense and be pocket passers! no wonder we havent had this forever. i mentioned half of the madden community!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

I'm a huge Steeler fan and anyone who knows Steeler football, or football for that matter knows Ben is at his best out of the pocket, either from a playaction, bootleg, or broken play.
That there along with luck has got him 2 rings now LOL.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
damn, look how the o line fans out, its a thing of beauty. if madden can replicated the same thing, along with the pass rush from 2k8 or something along those lines, id be set!

it would stop cheesers from scrambling and actually force them to read the defense and be pocket passers! no wonder we havent had this forever. i mentioned 80% of the madden community!
I fixed that for you LOL.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #54
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

madden has most of these gameplay animations but the ratings are so damn bad it gets in the way i am working on a vid to show this i may have it done tomorrow.

the pocket however madden does not have.

good stuff hitman
Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

You'd love my APF Steelers team. CAP Ben Roethlisberger - Silver QB Scrambler and Clutch. He makes ridiculous plays on broken plays just like in real life it's awesome!

You guy should see LC Greenwood's speed rush in APF! This should definitely be in Madden 10. He takes the outside shulder and just drives back the tackle very quickly to hit the QB on the backside and occasionally STRIPPING THE BALL! It's so awesome. He has the speed burner and ball strip abilities so it fits him perfect doing a speed rush with an outsde technique on the OT. It really looks and feels authentic. I got that NFL films tingly feeling after seeng him get a sack that way the first time.

From what I'm reading I'm very excited for this game. The Watcher is really doing a good job of enticing my interest

Good vids as usual Hitman!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #56
MVP

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Was trying to do these while trying to keep the wife from talking in the background LOL. If your not married than you don't know what I am talking about

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »