Home

How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

This is a discussion on How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside ) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 41
Icon3 How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Since we are all debating on the Auto Drop back or how it should be done I decided to make a video using APF 2K8 to show how it can be done the right way. This is not a post about APF. I am just using the only game that has it right to show how it can be implemented in to Madden 10.

If you notice in the video when the QB does a 5 step drop the Tackles will drop back to a deep base to protect him. When the QB does a 2 step drop the O-Line is prepared to protect against a quick pass and they do not drop back as far as the 5 step drop.

In APF you only have to hit the A button to hike and the A.I. will do the drop back for you. Everything is based off the Primary WR's route as said before.

You can do your own drop back but your timing will be off also. You can also get out of any auto drop back by flicking the left analog stick.

Using the video for demonstartion would you have a problem with this Auto dropback in Madden 10?

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Beautiful Drop back, Steps to where hes throwing, looks where hes throwing, throws a pretty pass, ball go higher than 6 ft off the ground, receiver catches it in stride.

Perfect.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

THIS is what Madden needs.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Beautiful Drop back, Steps to where hes throwing, looks where hes throwing, throws a pretty pass, ball go higher than 6 ft off the ground, receiver catches it in stride.

Perfect.
Yes look how beautiful it is especially since I am using a generic QB Imagine how great it would look using a Legend QB! Or a Madden 10 QB

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
THIS is what Madden needs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm all for an auto drop based on the primary receiver's route. I've even suggested giving a big accuracy boost right at the end of the drop on a pass to the primary receiver to encourage people to perform the drop and hit their receiver with the right timing. It would also place more importance on a good pre-snap read, figuring out who the primary receiver should be based on what you see.

What I don't want is to be forced to do the drop, though. If I'm forced to do 3 steps, 5 steps, whatever, I don't like it. I can forsee rare problems, but furthermore I just don't like not being in control.

But yeah, a good auto drop like in the video, one which you can presumably break out of when you want/need, I'm all for it.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Since we are all debating on the Auto Drop back or how it should be done I decided to make a video using APF 2K8 to show how it can be done the right way. This is not a post about APF. I am just using the only game that has it right to show how it can be implemented in to Madden 10.

If you notice in the video when the QB does a 5 step drop the Tackles will drop back to a deep base to protect him. When the QB does a 2 step drop the O-Line is prepared to protect against a quick pass and they do not drop back as far as the 5 step drop.

In APF you only have to hit the A button to hike and the A.I. will do the drop back for you. Everything is based off the Primary WR's route as said before.

You can do your own drop back but your timing will be off also. You can also get out of any auto drop back by flicking the left analog stick.

Using the video for demonstartion would you have a problem with this Auto dropback in Madden 10?

Great break down, Hitman.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #8
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Beautiful vid, now that's a pocket for your [email protected]@. That's a real good looking drop back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »