Home

DB's at LB???

This is a discussion on DB's at LB??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
DB's at LB???

Looking at these "cheese" threads made me think about my coach who plays Safety in College and is counted on as the leader of the defense, he calls the plays and sometimes comes down to play LB....Its not cheese in real life obviously but in Madden how would you react seeing Ed Reed at OLB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: DB's at LB???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
Looking at these "cheese" threads made me think about my coach who plays Safety in College and is counted on as the leader of the defense, he calls the plays and sometimes comes down to play LB....Its not cheese in real life obviously but in Madden how would you react seeing Ed Reed at OLB?
Only SS usually play LB as they are usually the tougher of the two safties so Ed Reed wouldnt survive lol
Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

You're right, there SHOULD be nothing cheap in Madden about using the SS for MLB package. What makes it cheap is people putting their fastest CB as the starting SS, then audibling so that the CB is playing DE. Then they spend the entire game manually rushing as the CB off the edge, and we all know how bad the o-line reacts to that, even with slide protection.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

A lot of Safeties are used like a "4th" LB. I played SS in college and our D-coord/DB coach always used to say that the SS is an LB. In the NFL, a lot of safeties, Free or Strong, have to come down in the box. The Bears use 2 fronts with the SS coming down on the LOS like a Sam would with one being goalline/short yardage. The "goalline" front actually replaces one of the CB's with an extra safety... usually a SS. The other looks like a 4-3 front initially until the SS comes down to the LOS over the TE or slightly shaded outside. I've seen FS's such as Bob Sanders, Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, and John Lynch come down a lot. Sean Taylor did as well. Monte Kiffin has brought that "Tampa 8" look with him to UT Vols country as well. At some point, EA is gonna have to come with hybrid ratings. Not all DB's can "play" LB.

http://www.twitter.com/GrnEyedBanditTN
Old 04-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe

If you start putting CBs at LB, its run, run, run, run, run, run, run.

That is the fix to me. Literally, if some joker comes out regularly in formations like that, we should make the HB Draw get an auto first down every time. Boom. Problem solved. Roasted.

[Seriously, I will get with one of our gameplay producers about this tomorrow]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
If you start putting CBs at LB, its run, run, run, run, run, run, run.

That is the fix to me. Literally, if some joker comes out regularly in formations like that, we should make the HB Draw get an auto first down every time. Boom. Problem solved. Roasted.

[Seriously, I will get with one of our gameplay producers about this tomorrow]
I couldn't agree more. Make it happen Donny....You da man!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Galloway at CB rushing off the edge sacking the QB, fumble and returning for a TD...

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3564202
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 04-22-2009, 03:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I read Jermaine Philips is moving from ss to OLB to fill the void.

Archuleta tried out with raiders as linebacker, It happens. I wonder if this sort of formation could be a new Defensive Wildcat!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »