Home

Play Clock in madden 10

This is a discussion on Play Clock in madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #17
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Play Clock in madden 10

That clock sounds like the one that is used in NHL 09, they have 5-10 minutes but the game clock remains at 20 minutes the clock is sped up and you still get the Ice times for the players. I really do not have a problem with the madden clock.
8 minutes quarters minus accelerated clock 12 minutes with it on.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #18
Rookie

MaddenAddicto's Arena

OVR: 4

All I care is the 40 seconds Madden gives you for picking a play and getting the play going.
If you pick 5 minutes quarters it should be something like 25 seconds not 40.

Its funny that if you play 2 min quarters you still have 40 seconds to pick the play..

Hate when people run the play clock down and the game is only 5 minutes.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #19

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman2k2
Yeah, both the Fifa series and NHL series use the same type of game clock system. In both games you can set the time to whatever your preference, but it does not display the time you've selected. Instead it shows the true time for the sport only the clock runs down apropriately.

I would love for this to be added into Madden, because for those that play Franchise mode, it gives off more realistic stats such as T.O.P., etc...

I've always thought Madden should have this. Even if you set the clock on 5 minutes, make the minutes go at a quicker pace. Each minute level you play at decreasing the speed of the clock which would always display as a "15 minute quarter."

Never thought about the playclock logistics though.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #20
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

They do this for NHL as well. That would be a great addition for Madden and NCAA. The guys at EA really need to look into this.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 06-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #21

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Getting a constant fast play clock could have a lot of issues.

Imagine Manning steps up to the line and he spends the next(game time not real time) 2-3 mins changing into another play. This could happen if you are playing on 2 min quarters. Even bring into the fact of the play clock that winds down before you have to snap the ball so they would have to alter it for each different quarter length.

Its too much work in comparison to just making time fly off the clock like a team is having to select a play. They needs this because currently its faster to pick a play then it is to go no huddle. IRL, a field goal team takes 10-15 seconds to get onto the field and all that but in madden it takes 1-2(guessing but I know its something that fast) This makes doing game winning drives like a walk in the park.

One of the things I don't like about the accelerated clock is that not every game is going to be the same. The number of plays in which game clock is affected by the accelerated play clock varies every game thus varying the number of snaps in a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #22
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
One of the things I don't like about the accelerated clock is that not every game is going to be the same. The number of plays in which game clock is affected by the accelerated play clock varies every game thus varying the number of snaps in a game.
Isn't that what you want? Why would you want to run 60 plays on offense every single game?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Isn't that what you want? Why would you want to run 60 plays on offense every single game?
I agree and if for whatever reason you don't like it - don't use it , that's what's nice about having the option
Old 06-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #24

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I wouldn't. What I am trying to say is that the variance sometimes could be a little too great. A single 25 second run off is a pretty big deal. If 90 of those run offs occur with the game clock running as opposed to 80 of them occuring with the game clock running, that's a big deal.

Whenever I've used it in the past, it just seemed too inconsistent and too much of a hassle to find the right play settings with acc clock on. To each his own though.

And yes, for a video game simulation, I would be perfectly happy if every single game both me and the CPU ended up with exactly 60 plays. But that can't happen obviously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »