Home

Play Clock in madden 10

This is a discussion on Play Clock in madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Play Clock in madden 10

I was playing fifa yesterday and it got me thinking.What if the play clock in madden was like fifa.I played 10min halfs in fifa,but it still has 45 min completed each half.So all it does is change the speed of the clock.

For Example say im playing madden in franchise and i want real time of possesion stats.But i found great 10min all madden sliders.I would be able to use them while still keeping T.O.P Realistic.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Play Clock in madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooc13
I was playing fifa yesterday and it got me thinking.What if the play clock in madden was like fifa.I played 10min halfs in fifa,but it still has 45 min completed each half.So all it does is change the speed of the clock.

For Example say im playing madden in franchise and i want real time of possesion stats.But i found great 10min all madden sliders.I would be able to use them while still keeping T.O.P Realistic.

Thoughts?
it's been talked about a lot. People call it the "accelerated play clock"

Totally awesome idea
Old 04-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 35

Its in 10
Old 04-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Sweet! They had a similar feature (accelerated play clock) in last gen Maddens, and I enjoyed playing the game that way...it led to more realistic stats and more realistic TOP, numbers of plays called, etc.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
it's been talked about a lot. People call it the "accelerated play clock"

Totally awesome idea
It's a little different. In FIFA, the clock just runs faster at all times. In football games with accelerated playclock , the clock runs in real time but the playclock is run down to about 19 seconds when you break the huddle and obviously the game clock follows if it's running. That still gives you time to make adjustments but it also ensures a more realistic TOP by simulating the minimum time it would take to huddle up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
Rookie

rockman2k2's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah, both the Fifa series and NHL series use the same type of game clock system. In both games you can set the time to whatever your preference, but it does not display the time you've selected. Instead it shows the true time for the sport only the clock runs down apropriately.

I would love for this to be added into Madden, because for those that play Franchise mode, it gives off more realistic stats such as T.O.P., etc...
Old 04-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

Getting a constant fast play clock could have a lot of issues.

Imagine Manning steps up to the line and he spends the next(game time not real time) 2-3 mins changing into another play. This could happen if you are playing on 2 min quarters. Even bring into the fact of the play clock that winds down before you have to snap the ball so they would have to alter it for each different quarter length.

Its too much work in comparison to just making time fly off the clock like a team is having to select a play. They needs this because currently its faster to pick a play then it is to go no huddle. IRL, a field goal team takes 10-15 seconds to get onto the field and all that but in madden it takes 1-2(guessing but I know its something that fast) This makes doing game winning drives like a walk in the park.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
Rookie

rockman2k2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Getting a constant fast play clock could have a lot of issues.

Imagine Manning steps up to the line and he spends the next(game time not real time) 2-3 mins changing into another play. This could happen if you are playing on 2 min quarters. Even bring into the fact of the play clock that winds down before you have to snap the ball so they would have to alter it for each different quarter length.

Its too much work in comparison to just making time fly off the clock like a team is having to select a play. They needs this because currently its faster to pick a play then it is to go no huddle. IRL, a field goal team takes 10-15 seconds to get onto the field and all that but in madden it takes 1-2(guessing but I know its something that fast) This makes doing game winning drives like a walk in the park.
I think he means "game" clock instead of "play" clock. After reading the OP he describes the game clock for Fifa 09 and how even though he's playing 10 min halves the game still shows 45 mins. That's what I got out of it anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »