Home

Nice weather effect hopefully EA can build on...

This is a discussion on Nice weather effect hopefully EA can build on... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Nice weather effect hopefully EA can build on...

In all of my time playing 09 I have never had this happen until last night.

I have never had a player slip on their own. Little things like this really help immerse you in the feeling of a heavy rain game. Hopefully we can see more things like this in 10 when it rains and snows.

Have others had this occur much? I was curious because I play 09 a lot and this is the first time I have had it happen.

I know the kicking game is staying the same so my wish to have wind push kicks right or left is gone but is there anything new on the weather front for 10 that we know of yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Nice weather effect hopefully EA can build on...

I've seen that a couple of times. Check me out on easports world for some mean replays. PharoeThaGreat is the tag. One.

Last edited by TheCreep; 04-23-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

That's the first time I've ever seen it... and I played the game a bunch... in Green Bay.

As far as weather is concerned, I would like to see Madden steal a page from Tiger Woods 10 and use that "dynamic weather system" where the rain starts, stops, starts again... etc.

I hate when I see rain at the beginning of the game and I know that it's gonna be dreary the whole game NO MATTER WHAT.

I want to believe that the sun might break through
Old 04-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

I never saw that in Madden, saw it a couple times in APF though. One time I even had my kicker slip on the wet turf as he was kicking an extra point. I've also seen the QB slip on snowy turf while trying to drop back from under center, it sucks, but it happens in real life too so it was kind of impressive.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

speaking of weather will madden have that uhm..live weather thing that Ncaa 09 did?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

This happened to me a few times.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

I've had quite a few slips in 09. I think it's tuned pretty well. I don't want them to overdo that. NFL players tend to have great balance, so you don't see a lot of highlights of guys pulling follies in the rain and snow on a regular basis.

... Those mud games in 09 look so cool in the EASportsWorld vids. I think the extra downgrading/compressing gives them a stronger, more tough kind of appearance because live in-game they don't look as tough.

The one thing that stands out to me in the vid though, is the fact that I can see the player's breath. I've posted about it on the boards a number of times over the past year, but I personally pleaded my case to Phil about why we need a "Cold" weather option so we can see the breath effect besides just the two snow blizzard's we got in 09... and I took it all the way back to 1999 about how 2K used that effect to build buzz around the game and the weather options in the game, even making it on to NBC Today where NBC had an entire segment devoted to it.

It's an effect that just adds that extra something special, and we should be able to get it anytime we want, not just in the playoffs, or in snow, or if we turn on live weather (which was pretty much broken in 09).

... I hope they agree, and if it's possible they're able to get this in. it's just one of those small things that just feels like football. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 16

Happens alot to me becouse I play with the Bears online and 9 times out 10 its snowing.I would like to see more pot holes in the field of play.

Cincy still open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »