Home

Old 04-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Coffin Corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
Agreed it needs to be in, but don't really see it as a "back of the box" type feature, so IAO, it would have already been addressed if fixed..

maybe next year
Actually ian did mention better logic for the AI on 4th downs in opponent territory but outside FG range. It was in a thread he started back around the time they started putting out blogs but it wasn't something that actually made a blog. I would not take what he said as a garuntee of success in this but I know it is something they looked at.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #10
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

In all honesty, I don't think it could possibly be that hard to make the punters more successful. Not all the time, but most of the time... if ratings actually mean anything, you could have a rating for inside 10, inside 5... or just pinned deep.. something

I hate the cpu punting from the 35 and having it go out at the 19 and having the announcers tell me what a great punt to pin me inside the 20... sheesh
Old 04-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
In all honesty, I don't think it could possibly be that hard to make the punters more successful. Not all the time, but most of the time... if ratings actually mean anything, you could have a rating for inside 10, inside 5... or just pinned deep.. something

I hate the cpu punting from the 35 and having it go out at the 19 and having the announcers tell me what a great punt to pin me inside the 20... sheesh
But if you put ratings on pinning people deep, how does that translate to the user when you are punting? I understand that the rating can do wonders for CPU punters, but if I am punting, I control the angle of the punt, the trajectory and the power I'm putting into it. I don't think you can add a rating that will make me better at pinning teams deep...because you cant control those factors with a rating...but, bring back the coffin corner minigame...it was fun to practice pinning them deep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Actually ian did mention better logic for the AI on 4th downs in opponent territory but outside FG range. It was in a thread he started back around the time they started putting out blogs but it wasn't something that actually made a blog. I would not take what he said as a garuntee of success in this but I know it is something they looked at.
must have missed that

just so much to fix, somethings are going to have to be left out, and this might be one of them
Old 04-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #13
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
But if you put ratings on pinning people deep, how does that translate to the user when you are punting? I understand that the rating can do wonders for CPU punters, but if I am punting, I control the angle of the punt, the trajectory and the power I'm putting into it. I don't think you can add a rating that will make me better at pinning teams deep...because you cant control those factors with a rating...but, bring back the coffin corner minigame...it was fun to practice pinning them deep.
Have you ever had a problem with pinning people deep? it's insanely easy. the whole kicking system (as noted on many occasions) needs work. so maybe they could make it a hidden rating that would only affect the cpu. I win a lot of games because of field position, I never have my back up against the wall.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #14
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
Have you ever had a problem with pinning people deep? it's insanely easy. the whole kicking system (as noted on many occasions) needs work. so maybe they could make it a hidden rating that would only affect the cpu. I win a lot of games because of field position, I never have my back up against the wall.
I didnt mean that it was hard to pin them, but adding a rating (unless hidden, as you said, to only affect CPU) doesn't really affect user play...those factors like trajectory, angle and power are all handled by the user, not a rating...but I see your point. I too would like to have more realistic punting. I want Scifres to pin me deep 4 times a game like he did last year against (was it Indy in the playoffs?)

That's why a good punter is so vital to teams...we need this in Madden...but I dunno if a rating is the answer? Maybe just smarter AI...
Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I didnt mean that it was hard to pin them, but adding a rating (unless hidden, as you said, to only affect CPU) doesn't really affect user play...those factors like trajectory, angle and power are all handled by the user, not a rating...but I see your point. I too would like to have more realistic punting. I want Scifres to pin me deep 4 times a game like he did last year against (was it Indy in the playoffs?)

That's why a good punter is so vital to teams...we need this in Madden...but I dunno if a rating is the answer? Maybe just smarter AI...
I think we're both on the same page here. I don't know HOW they would accomplish it, I just want it done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
must have missed that

just so much to fix, somethings are going to have to be left out, and this might be one of them

It was just a small mention in a thread that covered quite a few little AI things they were looking at improving

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »