Home

Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Coffin Corner?

I've noticed in the last few madden games that the CPU is braindead when it comes to punt accuracy. They either punt it through the endzone, or punt it out on the 20... I long for the CPU to bury me at my own 2 now and again, because without that I can never put together a 98 yard drive.

In past years I would occasionally run backwards with my punt returner to step out on the 1 just so I could attempt one now and again, but that was usually after I was well under way towards a win...

Please please please have the CPU know how to punt this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Coffin Corner?

I've actually been pinned a few times in 09, but usually only when super-simming. It's like the AI thinks that I'm getting too much pressure on the punter when I'm playing it, so he shanks it.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I've actually been pinned a few times in 09, but usually only when super-simming. It's like the AI thinks that I'm getting too much pressure on the punter when I'm playing it, so he shanks it.
I've never super-simmed. I play every game all the way through, so I'm assuming it's just a gameplay issue then.

if the cpu punts from your 40 they kick it 19 yards... how is that "SIM"?

I just want them to attempt pinning me deep
Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Another thing here, usually in real life in these situations a punter won't aim for the corner. Kicking higher in the air to effect the hangtime and bonce is the easiest way to be successful here as it allows the gunners to get down the field and get to the ball. This is what you really see most of the time in real life. This is what needs to happen in madden.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

This is something they need to address, but then again they need to address kicking in general. Shanking punts happens more than one thinks (which is why the Saints played "Punter Carousel" last year I believe), but there are really good punters (Mike Scifres) who consistently pins teams deep.

Now that I think about it, maybe there needs to be a Coffin Corner type slider for the CPU...that way you could have more consistent punter play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

The CPU punter needs to angle punts better...Plain and simple.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Agreed it needs to be in, but don't really see it as a "back of the box" type feature, so IAO, it would have already been addressed if fixed..

maybe next year
Old 04-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I don't know which I prefer-- utterly braindead CPU punters or the old magic punters that would have it bounce at EXACTLY the right angle to have it go out at the 2, no matter where and how it landed.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »