Home

Should they get rid of position requirments?

This is a discussion on Should they get rid of position requirments? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Should they get rid of position requirments?

anyone else think that every team should not have to have a fullback or 4 de's etc. I think this just gets annoying that you can't release certain players because you need a certain number at that position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Should they get rid of position requirments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutney
anyone else think that every team should not have to have a fullback or 4 de's etc. I think this just gets annoying that you can't release certain players because you need a certain number at that position.
Yes, but you should take a preparation hit. One of the Run and Shoot's great failures is that teams that ran it didn't have a fullback or a reasonably talented tight end, and thus could not properly prepare their defense. If you go without a standard position, the other side of the ball should take a ratings hit to reflect their lack of proper preparation for that opponent.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

I agree especially with the specific requirements, like 2 RE's. They should just group all the ends together and say you have to have at least 4 ends, not 2 RE's and 2LE's. Maybe I have 3 decent LE's and only 1 RE.....
Old 04-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
I agree especially with the specific requirements, like 2 RE's. They should just group all the ends together and say you have to have at least 4 ends, not 2 RE's and 2LE's. Maybe I have 3 decent LE's and only 1 RE.....
This could be good...group DEs together...do the same with OLB, HB/FB, and OL. Many teams move players around...they don't necessarily have 2 RGs, maybe they have 2 centers, one that can play guard, that they move there in case of injury...depth is immensely important in the NFL (see the Broncos RB injury woes last season)...but they don't always come from the exact same position...when the panthers lost Deshaun Foster and Stephen Davis, Brad Hoover had to fill in at HB for several games, so group them together...
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

YES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10

Absolutely

XBL: Lordcledus

Old 04-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

I agree they should as well... especially during a fantasy draft where you are forced to draft certain possitions...

Like if you already got 4 WRs, and you really want that 5th guy, it won't let you until you get a punter for example... thats not very cool... at least that's how it was on the PS2.

I shouldn't even be forced to fill out my positions in the draft... what if I plan on grabbing a punter in FA for example? I should be able to do that.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutney
I agree they should fix this....they fixed the QB requirements...so now you only need 2 and not 3(I play as the Colts and they never have 3 QBs except for preseason)

I would love to see them do this with every other position combine guards with centers, Rolbs and Lolbs, Res and Les, TE with FB(some players play both, i.e. Gijon Robinson they are called H-Backs)......it would add a lot of realism to the game if you would just have an overall minimum on OLBs so you could have 4 Rolbs and no Lolbs but it wouldn't matter because they are just OLBs and you can stick them in either side...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »