Home

Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

This is a discussion on Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,511
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

Why post against the forum rules?

Maybe the OP doesn't want to see anymore Madden media.
roadman is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
MVP
 
RGiles36's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,866
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
Is there a shortage of moderators going on at OS?
LOL you'd think. Can't expect them to show up like Superman at the drop of a hat I guess. But there was a time where this was a tight run ship. Maybe a little too tight, but I appreciated the organization. The past couple of months have been something else though...
__________________
Twitter
RGiles36 is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PA
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

As long as Madden fixed the bad running animations, catching animations, man coverage, robo QB, FB dive,ect.. Then maybe 2k5 will vacate my 360.

Yes, this is a pointless thread, but it gives us something to talk about.
polamalu82 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
MVP
 
drae2's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
That's a little harsh huh?

I'm an avid 2K fan and have been for several years. But dammit, it's time to give this a rest.
Agreed. That's just like the people who are bashing BB already. It's time this s**t stops. But I'll still answer your question. I'd get both, because both games would've givin different things. Variety is the spice of life.
__________________
Watch ya self! Here come the Hawks, the Mighty Blackhawks!! Gamertag: andrae86.
drae2 is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #13
49ers
 
adembroski's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,587
Blog Entries: 20
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

I have to believe that if there was no exclusive license, Ian and Phil would have taken charge years ago, and looking back over 2k's history, I'm not entirely sure they would have kept improving to a point that would have kept up. Having played Madden 10, I can't even imagine what it would be if they'd had 2 previous years or so.

That said, if VC continued the rate of improvement it made from 2k3 to 2k5, then it'd be a very tough battle and I'd probably end up buying both.

Just as a disclaimer... I like 2k5 quite a bit, and I'm not ready to say Madden is absolutely better than 2k5, but I enjoy playing Madden 10 better than 2k5. It feels more natural and fluid than 2k ever did, so take that for what it's worth when considering my comments.
__________________
There are two types of people on OS: Those who disagree with me, and those who agree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
adembroski is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PA
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
There's no way to predict what would have happened had there been no exclusitivity agreement. EA probably would have made better next-gen Madden games in 06 / 07 / 08 based on the presence of competition alone forcing them to.

On top of that, I'm not convinced that 2K could have made a head-and-shoulders better football game than EA in that time span. Even the great NFL 2K5 had flaws that detracted significantly from that game (in particular busted draft logic, wonky preseason trades, sometimes-braindead DBs), though everyone seems to overlook these drawbacks.

Further, name me a 2K Sports football game that hasn't had a flaw of some kind; off the top of my head, NFL 2K4 had drastically overpowered running backs, and in NFL 2K3 all the receivers had the dropsies. APF2K8 had no sort of franchise mode to speak of, and in my experience at least the flea-flicker completely broke the game. My point is, you can't say the 2K games are flawless, and the argument over which is (well, was) better is always going to be subjective.

Either way, this argument is moot because there is no NFL2K10 to buy, for better or worse.
Hey, I'll be the first to second that. The man coverage in both 2k5 and Madden is bad. Draft logic in both sucks.

I just always liked the fluidity in 2k5 over any current gen Madden game.
polamalu82 is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #15
All Star
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 4,150
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
this is pointless.
Seriously.
Blaxican8504 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PA
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I have to believe that if there was no exclusive license, Ian and Phil would have taken charge years ago, and looking back over 2k's history, I'm not entirely sure they would have kept improving to a point that would have kept up. Having played Madden 10, I can't even imagine what it would be if they'd had 2 previous years or so.

That said, if VC continued the rate of improvement it made from 2k3 to 2k5, then it'd be a very tough battle and I'd probably end up buying both.

Just as a disclaimer... I like 2k5 quite a bit, and I'm not ready to say Madden is absolutely better than 2k5, but I enjoy playing Madden 10 better than 2k5. It feels more natural and fluid than 2k ever did, so take that for what it's worth when considering my comments.
You seem like a honest guy. You've played both and you say Madden is NOW more fluid than 2k5. Wow.
polamalu82 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Top -