Home

Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

This is a discussion on Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

It never ends.....
Old 04-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #18
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
LOL you'd think. Can't expect them to show up like Superman at the drop of a hat I guess. But there was a time where this was a tight run ship. Maybe a little too tight, but I appreciated the organization. The past couple of months have been something else though...
No one is expecting them to be Superman but you have to admit their is lax and there is this...
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 26

This is pure madness.

I dont understand how everyone has to keep doing this over and over again. Each to his own opinion. I dont get how many people have an opinion on 2k and madden but yet how many people go out and vote? That is something that really matters yet so many dont do anything about it.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #20
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
You seem like a honest guy. You've played both and you say Madden is NOW more fluid than 2k5. Wow.
My point with that last paragraph was sort of to point out that I look at it differently than most. Yes, I do feel 2k5's locomotion was more natural feeling than any NextGen Madden, but honestly, I preferred lastgen Madden's locomotion to 2k5's.

One of the things that bugs the heck out of me with 2k is that "fishtail" effect that changing direction has. It's really apparent in defensive linemen. It's like the pivot point for the player model is somewhere a foot or so behind the player and it looks and feels really unnatural.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #21
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I have to believe that if there was no exclusive license, Ian and Phil would have taken charge years ago, and looking back over 2k's history, I'm not entirely sure they would have kept improving to a point that would have kept up. Having played Madden 10, I can't even imagine what it would be if they'd had 2 previous years or so.

That said, if VC continued the rate of improvement it made from 2k3 to 2k5, then it'd be a very tough battle and I'd probably end up buying both.

Just as a disclaimer... I like 2k5 quite a bit, and I'm not ready to say Madden is absolutely better than 2k5, but I enjoy playing Madden 10 better than 2k5. It feels more natural and fluid than 2k ever did, so take that for what it's worth when considering my comments.
Damn, you played Madden 10 already, lol! But seriously, have you played APF? Talk about fluid motion, that's the game. Both Madden 09 and 2K5 had/has flaws, especially in franchise(both games draft logic were messed up)mode. But it's hard to not wonder what could've been with both companies pushing each other to the limit for my/our enjoyment.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2;2039465352[B
]Damn, you played Madden[/b] 10 already, lol! But seriously, have you played APF? Talk about fluid motion, that's the game. Both Madden 09 and 2K5 had/has flaws, especially in franchise(both games draft logic were messed up)mode. But it's hard to not wonder what could've been with both companies pushing each other to the limit for my/our enjoyment.
He was at the community day, so yes, he played 10, albeit the pre-Beta version.

*Back to topic*
I bought 2k5 instead of Madden 05, so yeah, probably.
But-----who's to say how it'd be? Better? Same? Worse? Who knows. But just to be able to choose would be great.
Here's hoping Madden 10 makes me say "2k WHO???"
Old 04-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Damn, you played Madden 10 already, lol! But seriously, have you played APF? Talk about fluid motion, that's the game. Both Madden 09 and 2K5 had/has flaws, especially in franchise(both games draft logic were messed up)mode. But it's hard to not wonder what could've been with both companies pushing each other to the limit for my/our enjoyment.
I don't like APF at all. It's poorly tuned and the coverage is horrendous. 2k5 was far superior.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 27

I would buy both of them.....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »