Home

EA really needs to address this ratings problem.....

This is a discussion on EA really needs to address this ratings problem..... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #9
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: EA really needs to address this ratings problem.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
As others have said Ian is not the old devs. The old ones were arcade loving dum-dums. Ian was merely a "slave" that was forced to work under them and do what they wanted.

Once he became lead dev, he reworked everything from the base down to get rid of all the gimmicks that have been in the years past like the FB dive issues and is fixing the game to make it sim from the bottom up. He has studied(and made his crew study) 2k games and other games like The Show that may help him get some insight to what to do. He even stated he never wants to hear anyone compare 2k5 to madden.

Overall, the devs of old didnt care. Thats how such horrible things could be produced. The current dev group does care and want to make the best game possible.
Can you stop waving your finger at me Mutombo! LOL

Yeah Im just saying there Im in "show me" mode. Im impressed with Ian and what he has done and the trickle down affect it has had on NCAA. But that just plan wrong and for any company to attach there name to it has to deal with the backlash!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I agree with him completely... how is that even possible?! I mean, 0 trucking should mean that he can't truck...ever.. right?
Well I guess the argument is that 0 speed still means you can move. 0 injury does not mean you will get injured on every play. 0 THP means you can still throw the ball. So 0 trucking means you can still truck, just with abysmal success.

I am not agreeing that it should happen, I am just explaining why the game lets it happen. Anyways, it's old news and hopefully size, weight, and ratings have a bigger impact in Madden 10.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 26

@ da ThRONe

I do what I want haha
:n ono:

Just wait till tonight and then we will finally be able to say something with the video dropping.

@ AndyBernard
That might have been the video of the day. That was downright horrible yet I couldnt take my eyes away from it. I hope M10 isnt anything like that video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
@ da ThRONe

I do what I want haha
:n ono:

Just wait till tonight and then we will finally be able to say something with the video dropping.

@ AndyBernard
That might have been the video of the day. That was downright horrible yet I couldnt take my eyes away from it. I hope M10 isnt anything like that video.
LMAO!

Yeah Imma take a nap and set my alarm for this. But its going to be like 8mins long though and very few video shots I bet.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
lmao
Old 04-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

One of the biggest factors to my enjoyment of M10 will be, if I clearly see that weight, strength and the ratings overall, truly mean what they should.

With the ratings being more of a farce than really anything else...it just spoils the game for me. For Madden '10' to be really considered a solid game, imo...the ratings must mean much more than what we've seen in past games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »