Home

Hello from NYC, and enjoy the GTTV piece

This is a discussion on Hello from NYC, and enjoy the GTTV piece within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-24-2009, 01:04 AM   #113
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Hello from NYC, and enjoy the GTTV piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Not to be a *****, but did anyone else notice the "break free" animation after the gang tackle? It's the one where it feels like the defender just finally lets go and the offensive player kinda high steps out of the tackle? Sad to see that animation is still in... Because even after a 4-5 man gang tackle, it's just one man letting him go free with that same animation that's been in since 07.

Overall, as great as this year is going to be with all of the improvements (and believe me, I am going to be all over this game when it comes out), there seemed to be abit too much "Madden Ball" on display as I mentioned in the above example. There are some stiff animations still in such as the one I mentioned above. Nevertheless, it's going to be a great year for football.
Madden 10 = Back to greatness

Ian and Co. = Gods of restoring the trash of the recent past back to Gold
Old 04-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #114
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

So what is Pro-Tak? Anyone seen it in the trailer?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:07 AM   #115
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, it's going to be great, but in all the hype I just had forgot about the condition of the foundation they were building from....

Still, this year is going to be great! I'm hyped!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #116
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
So what is Pro-Tak? Anyone seen it in the trailer?
4-5 Man gang tackling I believe.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 6

liked the wideouts not breaking stride to make the catch, that is huge

hated that it looked like double teams still don't happen, and the guards having noone to block on some plays, kinda disapointing
Old 04-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #118
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

My guess on the whole double team issue is that they re-wrote blocking from scratch (just to get it working correctly as opposed to last year's nightmare) so frequent noticeable double teams will have to be something for next year.

I think that was part of the problem with 09, the double teams did not work correctly and many times blockers just let guys through...
Old 04-24-2009, 01:29 AM   #119
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
My guess on the whole double team issue is that they re-wrote blocking from scratch (just to get it working correctly as opposed to last year's nightmare) so frequent noticeable double teams will have to be something for next year.

I think that was part of the problem with 09, the double teams did not work correctly and many times blockers just let guys through...

maybe, but that's really disappointing.. if you see it on sundays...... most def see double teams on sundays... if that's left out, not sure if there is anything bigger that could be

not trying to be an ***... just disapointed
Old 04-24-2009, 03:07 AM   #120
Rookie

Madden 10 will be just another madden if the blocking isnt far superior to its predecesors. It really is the most broken part of past maddens. We have seen nothing that assures me that they even really did anything to blocking other than just added a few animations and tweaked the "dice roll" logic of it. Only time will tell I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »