Home

please fix the running animations

This is a discussion on please fix the running animations within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
please fix the running animations

the robotic player movements really take away from all the progress this game seems to be making. It is a basic action that is used all the time, and would be a huge eye sore if it isnt fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: please fix the running animations

You mean like jukes where the player has to like stop and go into and animation do his then then go back? I have a problem with that I don't think RB's moves are controlled fluidly enough. Even though you can interrupt your moves when you truck people you're pretty much stuck until the animation ends you can't accelerate until a couple seconds later. They need to fix that because guys like Adrian Peterson truck guys and then just keep going without losing a lot of momentum.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just don't understand it Ian,

When I look at willie parker run's straight up with his legs and hip so stiff like a robot. I just don't understand it, when a person runs they lean over and their head leads the way. Look at NBA 2k9 basketball players. they are light years ahead of you guys, that's why NBA Live has failed. You have to keep the RB leaning forward, its like there running while sitting in a chair. Players legs don't move that slow and that high. Keep the players low and Are you guys using humans for the motion caption or a computer ?

I think you guys stop using humans for next gen. Because I just played Ps2 Madden and they are very human like running motion. I would really like to know if your company has stop using pro players like you use to use or is this just a running program. if that's a program you guys really need to start bringing players in.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

Agreed.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

separate thread for this...not a surprise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 18

This issue can't get fixed this year. That running animation is the basis for the game itself, and , sadly, there is no way for them to recreate it for Madden 10.

I blame mo-cap technology that is done with a lack of engineering. Ian has done all he can. He has real athletes running real sprints, and the Mo-cap itself just doesn't do it's job correctly. Mo-cap engineer is to blame IMHO.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #7
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree, the running animations are horrid. The runners should lean much more when accelerating and be more upright when reaching top speed. As it stands the players are always upright and it looks terrible.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
This issue can't get fixed this year. That running animation is the basis for the game itself, and , sadly, there is no way for them to recreate it for Madden 10.

I blame mo-cap technology that is done with a lack of engineering. Ian has done all he can. He has real athletes running real sprints, and the Mo-cap itself just doesn't do it's job correctly. Mo-cap engineer is to blame IMHO.
If that's truly case, that solidifies that I will not be purchasing the game this year.

Back to 2k5... again...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »