Home

Old 04-24-2009, 03:29 AM   #17
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 10 Feedback Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
I offer my opinion, just as you do. Get off my back about it.
Echopax, I think you're heading in the right direction for "Ban-ville". None of your so called "opinion" posts have been constructive. I've expressed my discontent with the trailer in all my posts without being a complete douche about it. If you have no constructive criticism, please refrain from posting on these boards.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:31 AM   #18
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Oh gosh.....i made this thread cause of all the wasted pages with arguing and such on the other thread to make it easier for Ian or whoever to find constructive criticism, instead of going thru 500 posts. Think he'll have the time for that?
The first page sums up everything that the community is addressing right now.

So yeah while someone may say a few things here and there, I don't think the first post will get beat.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:39 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 26

There are a couple of "clipping" issues with that video. Clipping is where a solid object invades another solid object that IRL would not happen.

General statement-Almost every pro-tac(gang tackle) tackle has clipping issues with the helmets

At 0:41-42 during the gang tackle # 24's arm warps inside of James back/rear end

At 0:46 seconds Holmes's arm is clipping his chest/equipment

At 0:56-58 during the dog pile, The ball moves inside and out of Parkers back.

Its getting late but ill take a couple more looks at it tomorrow
Old 04-24-2009, 04:23 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 35

NFLHITMAN
Quote:
So let me list what I thought was good and bad......

The good.......

• Gang Tackling
  • OL/DL Interaction is good but not great
  • On field Refs
The Bad.........

• It seems like the center for both teams was in no mans land every time.
  • That was either a poor trailer by GT or the graphics were not that great at all.
  • Throwing Motion was robotic
  • Player movement was robotic and stiff as a board.
  • Player movement was same as Madden 09 IMO
  • Defensive Backs like the double team on Fitz was not even looking at him.
  • There was no pocket formed at all from what I seen.
  • The same branching tackle animation in Madden 10 as was in 09. When you see a finesse back like Willie Parker move a pile and break out of 2 players doubling up on a tackle is pathetic. No wonder Ian got 300+ yards with Brandon Jacobs when he played.
  • Seemed like the refs was getting knocked down every play. You hardly ever see this in the NFL.
  • The towels were not animated to sway as the player moves.
  • The player models looked horrible with there arms, helmets, face mask, and more.
Think about what you just saw and ask yourself this question....

If I was going to make a game and put a trailer of that game on a national exclusive would I want the best my new game has to offer in that trailer? The answer for everyone would be yes.

Now answer this.....

If that is the best that Madden 10 has to offer than how can you be happy with the product?

Please take the time to compare that video with a game who has already perfected it. I want Madden 10 to be GREAT so I can have fun again so please don't take this as a ***** post.

Do I like the video of Madden 10? No, But I would love to see a better game trailer soon!

Madden 10.........

Now lets compare to the APF videos I made for Ian to look at....

How a QB Drop can look in a Football Video game....

QB Droback, Run & Chuck in APF and how the Shoulders need to be square, Feet Planted, and when throwing deep how he must wind up to make the pass....

OL / DL Interaction the way it should be or better.....

Last edited by Derrville; 04-24-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #21
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
There are a couple of "clipping" issues with that video. Clipping is where a solid object invades another solid object that IRL would not happen.

General statement-Almost every pro-tac(gang tackle) tackle has clipping issues with the helmets

At 0:41-42 during the gang tackle # 24's arm warps inside of James back/rear end

At 0:46 seconds Holmes's arm is clipping his chest/equipment

At 0:56-58 during the dog pile, The ball moves inside and out of Parkers back.

Its getting late but ill take a couple more looks at it tomorrow
I think (and hope ) that all these video clips were from instant replay.. and Ian mentioned before (not sure when... :/ ) that when in ACTUAL gameplay, clipping does not occur... but sometimes when you watch it in instant replay... some clipping will occur.. since they have a different frame rate and whatnot... i'm not saying that there isn't any clipping during actual gameplay in Madden 10, but maybe and HOPEFULLY it is just because it is in instant replay and it has a slower frame rate in instant replay....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #22
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

-Fix the names on the back of the jerseys
-The tackle at 1:18 is fake - fix it...
-Willie Parker should never break through of tackles like that-and there was no player momentum there, which was supposedly going to be in madden 10
-I dont see the procedural awareness
-sidelines dont look good at all-please improve them
Old 04-24-2009, 06:55 AM   #23
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Excellent breakdown derrville.

Rating off what we can see on a 10 point scale.

New Animation Technology: 0
New Animations / Mechanics: 8
New Field Additions: 9
Graphics: 10
Overall: 6.8

New Animation Technology
The animations look the same. Choppy as ever. I am extremely disappointed in the animations. That's one thing I thought was being addressed.

Watch the players in the background on the video. You'll see the same twitchy behavior we have come to expect from Madden. Guys will do the instant switch in direction often as well. Bleh... this is the same junk. Very, very disappointed with the lack of new animation technology to make the animations more fluid.

The ONLY time the game looks fluid is when it's slowed down to a VERY, VERY slow speed, like at the end, when throwing to FitzGerald. Why? I mean... why??? Ridiculous. 5 years since 2K's game and they still don't have the animations right.

New Animations / Mechanics
There's quite a few there, for the break tackle animations to the pile up, fight for the ball animation (very kewl, not in APF2K8, really hoping this is a mini-game ending sequence ala God of War for players to fight over).

New Field Additions
We saw refs and the chain gang. Finally, half a decade later.

Graphics
As always, still shots of Madden look great. If this were a photography constest, Madden would win every year. Too bad we have to paly it to enjoy it.

I can't even begin to convey my dissapointment with that video, and it's really all around the new animation technology that we had been promised. The game looks the same! Animations are choppy, and it still looks to fast. The only time the game looked half way decent was at the end on the throw to Fitzgerald, too bad that's on a replay and not actually how the game looks when you play. And all of the end animations, after the play is over, still look like they are there. The instant switch direction, the lack of animation when going from one movement to the next, it's not fixed. Now I see why Ian never expounded on the new animation technology... cause there ain't nothing new to expound upon.

BTW - Did you guys notice that the mantra now is 'fight for every yard'? When did the vision / mantra change??? After they put the video together? lol
Old 04-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 35

Thanks goes to the Osers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »