Home

Madden 10 video compared to........

This is a discussion on Madden 10 video compared to........ within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #49
Banned
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDoceHombre
Madden is like a **** sandwich, you can either eat it or starve.


But not true.
hmoob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #50
Banned
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoob


But not true.
How is it not true? It is the only NFL licensed game out there, and I did not spend $300 for a 360 and $60 on 09 just to go buy an original Xbox game, and I'm not about to go spend another $50 or whatever to play something that plays better, but is forced to being the equivalent of the Payless brand of Converse All-Stars...This game has spit in the face of business darwinism. And the sad thing, is that I will probably end up trading in half of my games to get it.
ElDoceHombre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #51
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
If you think that Madden 10 trailer showed fluid player movement than I won't even take anymore of your post seriously.

I think that several of the videos you posted showed some very good things, but you are being disingenuous if you think that because you say so that the debate is over...especially on the whole running animation issue.

I will grant you this much - in the transitions from one animation to another, the 2K games can hand the EA games their lunch on many occasions - they even have a lot of better "football" animations; BUT when it comes to straight line running or breakaway runs, the 2K games that get the majority of the discussion both have major issues.

2K5 really DOES look like someone rammed a stiff rod up the player's *** from sphincter to brain stem. If anyone is claiming that the M10 animations look WORSE than THAT, I have to say I will never see eye-to-eye with them. 2K5 straight line running is one of the things that drive me crazy about the game to this day.

2K8 is an improvement, but only slightly...instead of being too rigid, 2K tried to hide its previous animation problems with a very weird looking shimmy-shake that is consistent across every player in the game. The game boasts about having signature running styles (it is in fact petty cool to see some of the unique animations for breaking tackles, or avoiding hits or getting through holes), but those players ALL runs the exact same way once they are in the open field. It is massively distracting and is far, far from perfect and is in fact debateable as to whether or not that aspect of the game is even equal to Madden, yet alone running away with the title. I think you confuse the open field running with the football-related animations and it makes your argument a little hard to accept prima facie...

I was absolutely horrified by Madden NFL 2006 and its insane lock-step robot monkeys - THAT was down right creepy **** and I think it scarred the Madden franchise for many people forever; and while I agree the current animations are not perfect, to pretend that what is in the M10 trailer is remotely the same as the M06, M07 or even M08 animations is flat out wrong.

The gang tackles looked rough admittedly - the comparisions to rugby scrums is apt and disturbing if left unchanged - but the technology was being displayed, not the final product...Madden has had "gang" tackling for years that really was limited to 2-defenders on 1-offensive player and had some weird clipping issues or collision detection issues with adding a third or fourth defender to the piles...the trailer shows a roughly animated 4-man and 5-man pile up (including offense and defense players adding on). That is progress and is also real change to the game.

The OL-DL interactions in that trailer were iso's (tight shots not really showing real gameplay of the rest of the OL...maybe it will totally suck and be awful, but you cannot SEE that in the videos, only by extrapolating from previous Madden releases can you fill in the gaps - that could very well be true, but stop acting like it is a fact when it is actually conjecture)...I think they showed the LT and the rush end admirably hand fighting and interacting...it was isolated to show only them and the effect was pretty good. Likewise, I liked the RT riding the DE out and then pushing him to the ground as he slipped...what exactly was so horrific about that to deserve so many vitriolic rants about the game being a broken POS???

Maybe the game is not proceeding in a straight line to what is, in your opinion, the apex of animating prowess, but it is changing and it is better than previous versions by leaps and bounds in some areas. I think you have done some real good video representations of the things that the Madden franchise needs, but please stick to the videos and not the proclamations of not taking anyone who disagrees with your assessments...that does disservice to your other contributions here...
Moostache is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #52
MVP
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

You guys are not getting what I am doing. I am comparing games that were years ago to the next great Madden. Ian has posted many videos of new animations of running and more. Those videos he posted honestly is not in that trailer.

The comparison is not game for game. The comparisons are what can be possible or better for video football yet we get that trailer for Madden 10 LOL. I have admitted that there is game play issues in APF more than you know but the animations and fluid movements along with individual player movements is by far better than Madden 10 trailer.

You guys can keep your blinders on but as for I, I will not buy this game unless there is dramatic improvements in the next months.
__________________
Operation Sports APF 2K8 Ladder:

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
NFLHITMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #53
Banned
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

APF and NFL 2K5 are two of the most overrated sports games ever, many of the same gameplay problems in madden are in APF/2K5 as well
PackersFan127 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #54
All Star
 
Kramer5150's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mansfield,Ohio
Posts: 5,726
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
HOWEVER, some of you guys need a serious reality check. This has been the EXACT MO of Madden for what, five or six years now. Hype, nice looking still shots, promises of things improved, blah, blah blah. And when something is released that looks bad, we get the "it's only the Alpha build', or "come on guys, EA still has X amount of time to clean things up". Yeah right.
My thoughts exactly!....great post
The only difference is the year. Also just to add,since people are using these same excuses from years past......how drastic of a change was the finished product from the "early teaser clips"??
__________________
PSN-KramerV5150

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Kramer5150 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #55
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,511
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
My thoughts exactly!....great post
The only difference is the year. Also just to add,since people are using these same excuses from years past......how drastic of a change was the finished product from the "early teaser clips"??
Horsehockey.

This year is way different than years past. The big difference is the critics can rip apart Madden earlier this year because of all the early info that has been bestowed upon OS.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #56
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Springfield, Va
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

damn hitman i wish they woulda chose you for community day, then you coulda told them whats what.

bet that the same issues will be in the demo and all the drones on this board for EA will be like

"oh its just a demo, it was made like 5months ago, go troll somewhere else."

please, thats the finished product, i bet my account they will say it. i bet it
Captain Obvious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.

Top -