Home

Madden 10 video compared to........

This is a discussion on Madden 10 video compared to........ within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
damn hitman i wish they woulda chose you for community day, then you coulda told them whats what.

bet that the same issues will be in the demo and all the drones on this board for EA will be like

"oh its just a demo, it was made like 5months ago, go troll somewhere else."

please, thats the finished product, i bet my account they will say it. i bet it
No offense to hitman, but the CD was well represented by OS people. It's getting really tiring and old taking shots at the CD people.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
I'm willing to give this hype video the benefit of the doubt--for now.

HOWEVER, some of you guys need a serious reality check. This has been the EXACT MO of Madden for what, five or six years now. Hype, nice looking still shots, promises of things improved, blah, blah blah. And when something is released that looks bad, we get the "it's only the Alpha build', or "come on guys, EA still has X amount of time to clean things up". Yeah right.

And as much as I believe Ian is doing his best--let's remember that the Madden engine is VERY flawed, and there's only so much that can be tweaked on it. So that ominous feeling many of us have right now is totally justified--in fact I think it's probably foolish to think otherwise.
I agree 100%. I have not bought madden since 2004. Every year I wait on the new screens the new videos and after seeing them I'm always disappointed. Then when people compared them to 2k, you here its just an early build every single time and when the final build comes there is little to no significant difference between the builds.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #59
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

i will say this....the colors in M 10 look MUCH better....much more vibrant.

and

as for comparing running animations.....when i play APF .....if im a defender chasing down the ball carrier and i use the sprint button.......that is one fugly run animation that my DB displays
Old 04-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No offense to hitman, but the CD was well represented by OS people. It's getting really tiring and old taking shots at the CD people.

i wasnt talkin bout the OS people, i was talking about EA. hitman is clearly passionate about the animations and justs wants madden 10 and beyond the best football franchise we can get our hands on and his examples are merit.

christ if people didnt voice their displeasures this game would go nowhere, to many yes men on this board. and to many trolls who dont backup their complaints. hitmans in between, and so am I
Old 04-24-2009, 10:02 PM   #61
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
Good post, but you're bound to get hell from people.

Remember, "it's only April".

If Madden could just get it's animations like 2Ks it would improve the game drastically, but for some reason EA keeps focusing on bells and whistles like graphics, gang tackles that end up being unrealistic, and some stupid motto that is suppose to set the tone for the game (I think this year it's 'Fight for every yard!').
What Hell??? He is absolutely accurate with his brakedown. To me I saw the same exact pros and cons that Hitman saw. The sad thing is that the pros are so few and the cons are so much more.

The players still look so robotic. The animations aren't smooth. Running backs braking unrealsitic tackles. The players also don't posses good body proportions. Fitzgerald's arms look bony, and the same with Big Ben. Why the heck is it taking so long for 5 defenders to take down 1 man!!!!

E.James brakes a tackle loses his balance and the second he brakes that tackle he has the strength and power to brake another tackle. Then you have Parker while being tackled by 2 players , just brake right through them like nothing. It was depressing seeing that. This is the NFL not High school football.

I really don't care if it is only April. EA made a huge mistake using that engine for Madden. Its garbage and what ever they will try to do to make the players look smooth and realistic wont work with that engine. Its 4 yrs now with that engine and it still the same.
Robotic, robotic, and more robotic animations.

I'll say it now and I'll say it again. They should just go back with the PS2 and XBOX madden and just spice it up cause this Madden moves like crap.

I agree with you 100%. Only if they could get the animations like 2k football. SMOOTH!!!!

I'm sorry I can't talk about the positives, but after hearing all this about how we will be blown away, and how things will be better. After this video and the video with Jimmy playing. Dropping back like 15 yards and completing a pass into double coverage. I do not see us getting a better Madden then we did for the PS2, XBOX, and PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 41

There is wayyyy to many " Blind Yes Men " on these boards. A lot of the CD people were just as passionate as I am. The difference is that I don't care if I hurt Ian's feelings or Peter Moores. I would tell them exactly what I felt about the game and if they didn't like it they could send me back.

I am a very straight forward and honest person. I will tell you if you have a burger hanging from your nose if needed. Maybe because I manage a grocery store it is in my personality to tell you what needs to be done.

Would I be respectful towards Ian and Peter? Of course! I am respectful towards everyone but the truth would be heard and I don't sugar coat anything.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

^^^

This is exactly how the CD guys treated it as well.

The Watcher brought along a copy of 2k5 and said , I'll play this all day if what I see doesn't impress me.

He didn't open the case.

Dave374 has received a few infractions from here and has gone on to say that he doesn't kiss Ian's butt.

And most of us know who LBz, Adem and Bezo are.

I don't think I need to go on and on to defend these guys.

By the way, I hope your not implying these folks didn't demand the truth. These were some of the harshest critics of Madden on OS.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
^^^

This is exactly how the CD guys treated it as well.

The Watcher brought along a copy of 2k5 and said , I'll play this all day if what I see doesn't impress me.

He didn't open the case.

Dave374 has received a few infractions from here and has gone on to say that he doesn't kiss Ian's butt.

And most of us know who LBz, Adem and Bezo are.

I don't think I need to go on and on to defend these guys.

By the way, I hope your not implying these folks didn't demand the truth. These were some of the harshest critics of Madden on OS.
I am in no way saying they did not do what i would have done. I am expressing the way I would be. I believe that the CD guys saw a different build but I also think they were not looking for what I am looking for.

I want realistic movements on players. APF is good but it could still be improved on and since APF is 2 years old, EA has $$$$$$$ to make it better, and the fact that the animator for Madden said he could have used the FIFA engine but he wanted to get gang tackling in Madden instead is mind boggling IMO.

The 1st time I see anyone in the Madden including Brandon Jacobs needing 9 defenders to bring him down I will throw my controller. I thought they were trying to get Madden 10 to be SIM LOL.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »