Home

Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Extremely dissapointed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
I'm really curious as to what people expected? I mean this is football right? I don't want players on fire or running up the walls do you? The entire tackling engine has been changed, OL/DL has been changed, WR/CB also changed. Showed all thaqt in just a one minute clip, and nothing has improved? wow you guys make me ****ing laugh.
Yes.......

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #82
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
It's because most people have zero idea what actually goes into making a game, and therefor think an entirely new and revamped one can be rebuilt in one year's time.

I've been disappointed with Madden this gen as well, but to not see how big these improvements are, and how time consuming they would have been is just ridiculous.
Yea alot of people don't know how much work goes into implementing one new aspect into the game. That being said I can understand why some things aren't in. My main gripe with Madden was there lack of priorities. Last year made me pass on Madden for the first time ever because they'd rather spend their time on adding a "rewind" feature which ONLY took up disc space and realism from the game.

This year is looking alot better, it's one video guys. As for all the broken tackles all these vids are made by playing rookie. Nice to see the half sleeve under armour in there this year. I had a feeling alot of people would be dissapointed after this vid ESPECIALLY the "colored cleat" people (the ones who say their not buying the game if there aren't colored cleats).
Old 04-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's a vicious cycle.

People praise the 2k series and bash Madden.
because people know what a good football game should look lilke.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #84
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
Yea alot of people don't know how much work goes into implementing one new aspect into the game. That being said I can understand why some things aren't in. My main gripe with Madden was there lack of priorities. Last year made me pass on Madden for the first time ever because they'd rather spend their time on adding a "rewind" feature which ONLY took up disc space and realism from the game.

This year is looking alot better, it's one video guys. As for all the broken tackles all these vids are made by playing rookie. Nice to see the half sleeve under armour in there this year. I had a feeling alot of people would be dissapointed after this vid ESPECIALLY the "colored cleat" people (the ones who say their not buying the game if there aren't colored cleats).
lol that is quite sad....lol I am not going to buy Bioshock or Knights of the Old Republic because they don't have "pretty" shoes in....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #85
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

i think people are expecting more with the visual. with games like tiger woods and resident evil 5 looking life like,people are expecting madden to be up on par. not to be hating,but it still looks the same,no matter how many great features they've added.
I'd like to see a better game visually,and i'm sure the trailer made everyone a little disappointed.I'm curious to see Ian's response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #86
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Personally, I liked the trailer...yeah, it doesn't look leaps and bounds better than 09 graphically, but the graphics in 09 definitely weren't the problem with that game. It was the gameplay...despite a few animation gaffes and such, I think that the gameplay looks much improved, even after only 1:33 of footage...now, it should only get better from here, and that my friends, is great news!

Also, for those who say "Fitz would never spike a ball, take that animation out" I don't think they'd have time this year to make those celebrations player specific...so what if digital Fitz spikes a ball? I'm sure he's done it before...
Old 04-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 4

I thought it looked great, can't believe all the so called disappointment around here, pretty much tired of hearing how great 2k5 was, yawn... to me 2k5 sucks, but that is just my opinion on that, Madden looks from that short scene to be heading in the right direction...
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 04-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Personally, I liked the trailer...yeah, it doesn't look leaps and bounds better than 09 graphically, but the graphics in 09 definitely weren't the problem with that game. It was the gameplay...despite a few animation gaffes and such, I think that the gameplay looks much improved, even after only 1:33 of footage...now, it should only get better from here, and that my friends, is great news!

Also, for those who say "Fitz would never spike a ball, take that animation out" I don't think they'd have time this year to make those celebrations player specific...so what if digital Fitz spikes a ball? I'm sure he's done it before...
Yeah, I thought the graphics of 09 were the best part. They should have kept the graphics and just worked on game play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »