Home

Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #89
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Extremely dissapointed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX CASCABEL Xx
I thought it looked great, can't believe all the so called disappointment around here, pretty much tired of hearing how great 2k5 was, yawn... to me 2k5 sucks, but that is just my opinion on that, Madden looks from that short scene to be heading in the right direction...
There were certain things on 2k5 that sucked but the Franchise was great and the presentation was unbelievable....those 2 things overshadowed the bad in most peoples minds...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #90
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
There were certain things on 2k5 that sucked but the Franchise was great and the presentation was unbelievable....those 2 things overshadowed the bad in most peoples minds...
These are two things we didn't see in the trailer...so I think we should give the devs a little more time to really WOW those 2k people with franchise and presentation blogs/gameplay vids/etc.

Note, this wasn't really directed at your post, but you mentioned franchise and presentation...so it was appropriate.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #91
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

NFL 2k5 is overrated...nuff said

But I guess people will settle for a hamburger when there is no steak availible....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #92
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

can we kill the 2k talk people? No doubt I loved 2k5, and i wish EA didn't have the exclusive rights,but as of now,we need to hope EA can give us a great game since its the only game in town.

Madden looks nice graphically but could be a whole lot better. Its getting there,but the trailer kinda looked like 09 to me.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #93
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
its funny...I was thinking the same thing about people and their love for *****-ade.
Opinions vary regarding any topic. Some people are more biased regarding some issues than others, based on a variety of reasons. For anyone to arbitrarily attempt to diminish another's opinion without being able to provide a factual basis, is a better description of "*****-ade."

No disrespect to anyone, I just believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion. Whether we perceive a personís opinion to be right or wrong is purely subjective. That is the beauty of these types of forums; we are able to debate and express our views. Unless you have factual evidence that proves that someone's opinion is wrong, then we should respect what they think. Or debate them with what you perceive to be factual.

We all have different preferences when it comes to what we like, or expect from a football game. None of us are really wrong, because it is fine to have a preference. Just because someone looks at the same thing that you do, and overlooks something that you may have seen, could just mean they are looking for something different.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #94
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

The more I watch the trailer the more I like the gang tackling, it kinda looks awkward but it's something no game has ever done before (Ian said it supports up to 9 players! =0) and I think it has great potential. I could still nitpick on a few things, the ol/dl interaction looked better in the close up and in the Warner pass but I thought it looked kind of awkward in the pass to Holmes, the coverage on the post to Fitz was ugly to say the least (loved the catch in stride though), and it didn't look like he was going to make a play on the ball in that last pass. It looked like he was just going to put his hands out as the db knocks it down. Oh, and the layered blending looked cool.

Maybe the game might not be the night to day complete 180 that I was really hoping for but it looks like a pretty big step in the right direction. I'd have to ignore alot to get this game confused with Madden 09.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #95
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
because people know what a good football game should look lilke.
I'm not in the crowd comparing a one minute trailer to the 2k series. I liked the 2k series, but Madden must make it's own identity.

All I care about is it better than last years Madden game?

From what I've seen game play wise, yes with a few things to iron out as Ian has already noted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #96
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
The trailer clearly showed that there is very little difference between Madden 09 and Madden 10. The names on the back of the jerseys were huge and spread out. one question for EA. what are you guys seriously doing?? Do you guys even watch football?? Maybe you guys should consider shuffling the board, firing some producers, hiring more qualified producers who know football. And the game play looks EXACTLY the same, besides one or 2 new tackles......very disappointing. And the new tackles are completely fake...willie parker breaking free of 2 tacklers....lol?

Seriously EA, this is ridiculous. Now, with a weak franchise, you will just add icing to the cake.
I'm starting to see a lot more posts like this from a lot of people like this. You join OS in March and wanna fire the producers in April. There is a right way and a wrong way to construct your criticism. How can you say someone needs to be fired over a trailer....A TRAILER!!! If you had game in hand and felt this way I could somewhat understand, but right now...in April...c'mon man. BTW Ian has already said he didn't like this trailer because he could not show everything that he wanted. Take it easy man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »