Home

Old 04-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Extremely dissapointed...

After watching the trailer, looking at the new screenshots, and reading this entire thread...I can honestly say this...

1. The trailer was awesome, it really was. I saw all kinds of wicked cool additions to the game, if you take time and carefully review it...you'd see how well this game is coming together.

2. It's not done yet! I can't emphasize this enough, the game is still in development. Some of the recent screens look sick.

3. What were your expectations? This is Madden NFL, its not 2K. They have a certain way of doing things at EA, Madden is not going to morph into some 'other' product. Its Madden. And from what I've seen so far its much looking improved.

Lastly, there does seem to be a certain constituancy here who will dislike Madden or EA no matter what they do (which is their prerogative). However, many posters have valid & balanced views of the game and its direction.

I'm not here for a popularity contest, and agreement for the sake of being agreeable is BS imo. So, I'ma give it to you straight...

This game is looking sick as hell. If this were dinner, EA is serving up some hellafied food! My compliments to the Chefs!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 32

the reason people are so upset over the trailer, my self included, is because we only have ONE choice for a NFL football game. That's just not right.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #99
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
the reason people are so upset over the trailer, my self included, is because we only have ONE choice for a NFL football game. That's just not right.
It might not be right, but there isn't anything to do to beat this dead horse.

Back on topic.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 1

"3. What were your expectations? This is Madden NFL, its not 2K. They have a certain way of doing things at EA, Madden is not going to morph into some 'other' product. Its Madden. And from what I've seen so far its much looking improved."

I think the logic is that a brand new game developed for a Next Gen console should be viewed as a superior product to a product for xbox that came out 5 years ago...Sure people will have their biases, but I've played both and I WANT Madden to be on top. I've been playing since I was a young kid with Madden 94 on the Genesis, running sweeps with Emmitt Smith. It's very similar to the Star Wars movies; when you have something so great that you hold in such high regard, when you see George Lucas turn some faggy kid with an emo haircut who has the attitude of a middle school girl into the epidomy of villains, Darth Vader, you're bound to get pissed, and it's only right to do so.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
After watching the trailer, looking at the new screenshots, and reading this entire thread...I can honestly say this...

1. The trailer was awesome, it really was. I saw all kinds of wicked cool additions to the game, if you take time and carefully review it...you'd see how well this game is coming together.

2. It's not done yet! I can't emphasize this enough, the game is still in development. Some of the recent screens look sick.

3. What were your expectations? This is Madden NFL, its not 2K. They have a certain way of doing things at EA, Madden is not going to morph into some 'other' product. Its Madden. And from what I've seen so far its much looking improved.

Lastly, there does seem to be a certain constituancy here who will dislike Madden or EA no matter what they do (which is their prerogative). However, many posters have valid & balanced views of the game and its direction.

I'm not here for a popularity contest, and agreement for the sake of being agreeable is BS imo. So, I'ma give it to you straight...

This game is looking sick as hell. If this were dinner, EA is serving up some hellafied food! My compliments to the Chefs!
You must like EA's dollar menu. Ian and members from community day even said that the trailer was not good. Then again, mabe you like half cooked meals. Or maybe you are so hungry right now that anything tastes good.

I am just picking with you. I thought the trailer was not as good as all the blogs and talk that hyped up the game. Some cool new features like real gang tackling look promising. I want a great game, not just better than last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Yes, it's Madden, and that's the problem. They have to break out of the way they are doing things.

The problem is that they have to morph into another product. Most people are tired of the same product every year. I agree with you that some things looked improved, but some things always improve with their products.

They have to stop taking baby steps and start taking long strides with this franchise, or everyone will keep calling them out on it.

People need to understand that us "haters" do see some improvements. But like I said, we always see some improvements. I, for one, am tired of seeing the exact same game with additional bells and whistles every single year.

As I've said in previous posts, I would be the first to announce Madden NFL 10 as the best football game ever. As long as EA is the only one making NFL games, I will continue to look forward to the day they make the best football game ever.

Until that day, I will post my critisizing here in hopes that they will take what I post to heart and make a better product.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #103
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
Yes, it's Madden, and that's the problem. They have to break out of the way they are doing things.

The problem is that they have to morph into another product. Most people are tired of the same product every year. I agree with you that some things looked improved, but some things always improve with their products.

They have to stop taking baby steps and start taking long strides with this franchise, or everyone will keep calling them out on it.

People need to understand that us "haters" do see some improvements. But like I said, we always see some improvements. I, for one, am tired of seeing the exact same game with additional bells and whistles every single year.

As I've said in previous posts, I would be the first to announce Madden NFL 10 as the best football game ever. As long as EA is the only one making NFL games, I will continue to look forward to the day they make the best football game ever.

Until that day, I will post my critisizing here in hopes that they will take what I post to heart and make a better product.
...You just said that they always make some improvements...so therefore, they make a better product every year.

But I'm not trying to be too sarcastic...in reality, you are right. We always see some improvements...some meaning that some things get fixed (marginally) while other things break. This year, it seems (as I can't really tell much from just a trailer, but EVERYONE, including yourself, seems to be able to) that there are SEVERAL improvements (which is more than just some)...and that, to me, is worth a lot.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
...You just said that they always make some improvements...so therefore, they make a better product every year.
I really do hope you truly were being sarcastic with this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »