Home

Old 04-24-2009, 06:43 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: Extremely dissapointed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
but...was there enough improvements to honestly call it a new game? it seems more like Madden 09.5

I dont think you can judge a game off a trailer, it was a 1 minute video of small clips from in the game. The game doesn't come out for ages. I'm not going to make up my mind on the game until i've played it.

I actually thought the trailer wasn't to bad, i liked the new gang tackles.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why do the players look short?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
This post cracks me up.

Hard to believe people can be this dense.
Becuase he's not happy with it he's dense? if not 9.5, its 9.25. It didnt seem that much better. We dont have much to go on, but aside from some gang tackling. What was really all that much better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Becuase he's not happy with it he's dense? if not 9.5, its 9.25. It didnt seem that much better. We dont have much to go on, but aside from some gang tackling. What was really all that much better?

I don't think they're going to show all the "big" features in the trailer, it's only April remember.....the game doesn't come out till August.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #13
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro_dogg20
I dont think you can judge a game off a trailer, it was a 1 minute video of small clips from in the game. The game doesn't come out for ages. I'm not going to make up my mind on the game until i've played it.

I actually thought the trailer wasn't to bad, i liked the new gang tackles.
ok im not gonna lie, there were some things that looked great, like when calais campbell fell while trying to get to big ben. but willie parker busting through 2 defenders, with NO MOMENTUM whatsoever; and there was a blog talking about how momentum was a huge part of madden...i saw no player momentum at all in the trailer. Then at 1:18, when holmes makes the catch, the tackle is very awkward, once again, no momentum there. The fighting for the fumble looked good, the running animations still look robotic. Ill just make a list of likes/dislikes:

-Fight for the fumble

Dislikes:
-Tackling animations look awkward - again, wheres the momentum?
-Parker breaking through defenders easily, and not stumbling whatsoever - no momentum
-No double teams - If you dont double team Casey Hampton, you will probably die
-Names on the jerseys too big and spread out - i thought Ian said he would address this?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
He is dense because he is saying this about the Alpha build of the game. Obviously, not everything is going to be perfect?

And if gang tackling was the only improvement you see, you are just as dense as him. It isnt perfect by any means, but there are alot of noticeable improvements in an early build.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #15
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I mean no disrespect here but I think I'll have to reserve my judgement on the game until I see actual gameplay footage. What I saw on game trailers TV left me unimpressed and disapointed. I actually got more excited when I saw the Backbreaker clip of just players walking on to the field. I know what we saw was not a finished product, but the entire look of Madden 10 from the crowd to the players to the player movements just looked unrealistic and akward to me.

Instead of all these crazy camera angles and crap music blaring, how about showing us some real game play. Play an actual game so we can see the teams at the line of scrimmage, see the ball get snapped and watch the play. Run 4 of 5 plays and post it for veiwing. Then we can get an idea of what this game is going to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 06:58 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
the Alpha build of the game. Obviously, not everything is going to be perfect?

QFT..........I highly doubt that the footage in the trailer is the finished product of the game.

Just wait until a gameplay video comes out and then make your judgements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »