Home

Extremely dissapointed...

This is a discussion on Extremely dissapointed... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Extremely dissapointed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
The trailer clearly showed that there is very little difference between Madden 09 and Madden 10. The names on the back of the jerseys were huge and spread out. one question for EA. what are you guys seriously doing?? Do you guys even watch football?? Maybe you guys should consider shuffling the board, firing some producers, hiring more qualified producers who know football. And the game play looks EXACTLY the same, besides one or 2 new tackles......very disappointing. And the new tackles are completely fake...willie parker breaking free of 2 tacklers....lol?

Seriously EA, this is ridiculous. Now, with a weak franchise, you will just add icing to the cake.
So the fact that 8 OS er's who have actually played the game have told you otherwise means nothing?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:03 AM   #18
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
So the fact that 8 OS er's who have actually played the game have told you otherwise means nothing?
what, did you think they were gonna come back and say "it was horrible, cant believe I went to orlando for that crap"

Just look at the trailer...That is what you will mostly see in Madden 10. Ian says there still needs "tuning," maybe the player names on the jerseys, but thats mostly what you will be getting...is that what you want?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:07 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
what, did you think they were gonna come back and say "it was horrible, cant believe I went to orlando for that crap"
Yes, i think they would.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #20
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
The folks who went are some of the most highly respected members of this community. If the game had sucked, they would have said so.

Quote:
Just look at the trailer...That is what you will mostly see in Madden 10. Ian says there still needs "tuning," maybe the player names on the jerseys, but thats mostly what you will be getting...is that what you want?
I've only watched it once so far, but from that I saw (for starters) improved line interaction, fumble pile ups, 5 man gang tackles and an actual pocket. I'm sure there are many more subtleties I missed.

So yeah, I'm pleased with what I saw.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:

You need a tampon.

There is no point in even discussing anything with you, because its clear you have no real clue and have already cast judgment on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 AM   #22
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm not quite sure what the fuss is about Willie breaking himself free from two guys who are trying to bring him down with their arms. As long as that particular situation has two sets of outcomes: defenders don't use their body weight and try to bring the ballcarrier down and end up letting him use his legs and strength to rip away from their arms; or the defenders do use their body weight to drag the guy down....

Why would you need momentum to keep your feet moving and try to build some momentum to break free of something? It's kind of like running with the Sparq parachute.

And back on topic...

The only thing that I didn't like was Fitzgerald's spiking the ball (he's not going to really do that, but that's moot) and I wished the ref's "first down" signal was a little more demonstrative...it looked a little too....weak...I guess would be the best way to put it.

Other than that

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 04-24-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

2k5 and APf had 5 man tackling... oh wait, they had 2 man tackling.

Fighting for fumbles... where have I seen that b4 ... oooh no where!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #24
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

To the original poster. You also have to realize that this trailer was most likely made on the lowest difficulty setting. It was meant to be a highlight reel and that's what it was.

So to get upset about seeing Willie Parker break free of a two man gang tackle is absurd. It's a highlight reel video, and that's a highlight. Have you ever watched any NFL films videos, or heck, even as ESPN top 10 plays that shows a player just getting tackled? Where's the fun in that?

So i say, loosen up, the game looks great. Plus, it's only April!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »