Home

Extremely dissapointed...

This is a discussion on Extremely dissapointed... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #41
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Extremely dissapointed...

Trailer was not bad. I am also not as impressed as I thought I would be....I did not see Fitzgeralds speed either...and he is very fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Gang tackling and a few other animations aside, this still looks like the last Madden, i'm not going to write the game off but that trailer did not raise my excitement level one bit
Old 04-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #43
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
ok im not gonna lie, there were some things that looked great, like when calais campbell fell while trying to get to big ben. but willie parker busting through 2 defenders, with NO MOMENTUM whatsoever; and there was a blog talking about how momentum was a huge part of madden...i saw no player momentum at all in the trailer. Then at 1:18, when holmes makes the catch, the tackle is very awkward, once again, no momentum there. The fighting for the fumble looked good, the running animations still look robotic. Ill just make a list of likes/dislikes:

-Fight for the fumble

Dislikes:
-Tackling animations look awkward - again, wheres the momentum?
-Parker breaking through defenders easily, and not stumbling whatsoever - no momentum
-No double teams - If you dont double team Casey Hampton, you will probably die
-Names on the jerseys too big and spread out - i thought Ian said he would address this?
I was also under-whelmed. With all of the blogs, and listed improvements, I thought that I would see a new and vastly different game. I was wrong. I did see a few areas of improvements like the head tracking, and a few new animations, but that was about it.

I need more gameplay footage regarding the gang tackling. I agree that there was no momentum shown in that video, and that scares me. The running back should have been going backwards instead of standing still or straight up. The video did not show how the tacklers each arrived at the ball carrier, and engaged him. If they did not get the collision detection right, then there could be a problem.

I was way more disappointed with the glimpse that I seen regarding defensive ends still not shooting up the field (pass rush). It seemed like the same old Madden in that regard. I expected more regarding the DL/OL interactions (yes, double teams).

Yes, it does appear to be improved in some areas, but from all the blogs and posts from the developers, I think that many of us expected more. But then again, maybe we will see better gameplay footage soon.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #44
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disqo
Gang tackling and a few other animations aside, this still looks like the last Madden, i'm not going to write the game off but that trailer did not raise my excitement level one bit

I'm really curious as to what people expected? I mean this is football right? I don't want players on fire or running up the walls do you? The entire tackling engine has been changed, OL/DL has been changed, WR/CB also changed. Showed all thaqt in just a one minute clip, and nothing has improved? wow you guys make me ****ing laugh.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
IMO they're more like 2.5 man tackles.
That's probably a better way to describe it. Still looks cool though, even now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
I'm really curious as to what people expected? I mean this is football right? I don't want players on fire or running up the walls do you? The entire tackling engine has been changed, OL/DL has been changed, WR/CB also changed. Showed all thaqt in just a one minute clip, and nothing has improved? wow you guys make me ****ing laugh.
Exactly!!!

What do most of you guys who didn't like the video expect?

I mean some of you dudes are reaching!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Trailer was not bad. I am also not as impressed as I thought I would be....I did not see Fitzgeralds speed either...and he is very fast.
Fitzgerald isn't that fast at all really.

I think his speed in m10 would be 90 +-2

He's no burner. Just incredible hops and hands.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #48
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Fitzgerald isn't that fast at all really.

I think his speed in m10 would be 90 +-2

He's no burner. Just incredible hops and hands.
Agreed, but when he gets filled with adrenaline he knows how to burn. As seen in that last TD in the Superbowl. He jetted by everyone.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »