Home

"Big" Madden 07 features VS. "Small" Madden 10 features (xbox 360)

This is a discussion on "Big" Madden 07 features VS. "Small" Madden 10 features (xbox 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
"Big" Madden 07 features VS. "Small" Madden 10 features (xbox 360)

Okay, I just watched the DVD that came with the collector's edition of Madden 07 (that I got as a gift) and I'm amazed at what the old dev team was hyping. I'm going to compare things that the old dev team was saying about the game right when Madden 07 came out to what Ian and Phil have been saying about Madden 10 months before it's coming out. Hopefully you guys can see the change of direction (more so to the guys who seem like they aren't seeing it).

*Highlight Stick moves (some of which were said by Ian though remember, he wasn't in the position he's in now and therefore didn't have nearly as much impact with the game; a lot of the things he says with sort of a mini frown lol)

*Lead Blocking Control

*Live Opponent (letting you play with real human opponents in your Franchise via xbox live)

*Madden Gamer Level (quote by Ryan Ferwerda, assitant producer of Madden 07: "You can say to someone I'm going to beat you by seven touchdowns... it adds a whole new dimension to the game where you are making sure that you don't only win the game but you also scratch off things that you said you were going to do before the game.")

*David Ortiz (in response to meeting expectations):
"Some things may not work out but we don't get upset... we always have next season to polish things up."

*Superstar Mode

*Bench Press and 40-yard dash mini games:
Quote by Bonnie Morales, Assistant Producer of Madden 07-
"What makes these stand out so much is that they get away from traditional gameplay mechanics and focus more on having fun."
Features of Madden 10 that were said by the new dev team recently (months before the game comes out):
Quote:
*All new animation technology

*Procedural Awareness/Emotions have been added

*QB Play Improvements-
-New QB ratings
-More realistic/precise animations of QBs passing to their WRs
-ability to toss the ball during sack animations (with the power of the sack determining how far the ball goes; no more "suction sacking")
-All new QB drop animations
-Lowered pass speeds globally; fixed "moon ball" trajectory
-New QB Sneak system:
--fixing the effectiveness of sneaks

*WR/DB Play Improvements-
-WR/DB Jostling (using body to keep receiver in check)
-Wrap Swats (2 player swat animations)
-Extended animation time drastically on chucks
-Removed all animation compression on chucks to increase visual fidelity
-Fixed issue where players wouldn't align properly during the chuck animation which used to cause clipping
-Fixed "suction" bug where press animations could start from 5 yards away
-Fixed a bug with zone / man chuck animations
-Re-factored the logic for win/loss on chucks based on the route the receiver wants to run
-Chucks can now start from stand
-Improved Pursuit Angles
-Better Sideline catching (WRs don't go out of bounds when catching passes near the sideline)
-WRs will make bigger strides to try and get the ball and not let defenders just tip them away like they did in previous madden games
-tipped passes

--Route Running Improvements:

---- Added support for slip & fall receiver cut moves in bad weather (chances of slipping come from route running ratings)
---- Re-factored all double moves to work correctly, including defensive cut moves that are companions to the WR cuts (chances of defender biting come from man coverage rating, play recognition rating, as well as boosts for correctly timed pump fakes)
---- Added all new start play WR animations with more realistic acceleration (should be visible in the videos above)
---- Added "pop" animations where say a LB will hit a WR as he comes across the middle through his zone

*Player momentum and inertia physics

*Better spin/juke animations

*Ability to Drag Players

*Pile-ups

*Improvements to the Deep Passing Game (TBA soon)

*Improvements to Online (TBA soon)

*Hit Stick (3.0?)- Improved hit stick based on physics that'll have a greater risk involved when using it

*New Penalties [such as illegal forward pass (releasing the ball past the LOS), late hits on QB's (we used to have but it was kinda broken), as well as late hits out of bounds]

*Tougher AI

*Assists and Half-Sacks

*Lowered global game speed + added game speed slider

*New slider for "speed difference" to squish or expand the range of speeds among all players; used the ratings ranges for player speeds

*Ratings are getting stretched out; "...the game feels more sim than ever before"-
--Elusiveness rating has been toned down and has received a major overhaul for non-ball carrying positions, especially defensive players. This means that quick players who aren't especially experienced carrying the ball will not be able to juke and move that good.

*Updated Graphics/Art-
--Improved Player Models
--New Depth of Field (matches real world cameras)
--Single Digit Helmet #s
--Super Bowl Patches

--Custom Super Bowl Fields
(team specific end zones, midfield logos, and player boxes that are dynamically configured whether you are reliving Super Bowl XLIII, or in year 30 of your franchise)

--Towels (fully animate)
--Referees on the Field (all 7)
--Chain Gang on the Sidelines
--Captains Patches issues fixed
--Secondary Color Equipment
--Better Nameplates
--AFL Throwbacks

*Franchise Mode is getting a reboot with help of the Head Coach '09 team
-All coaches in Franchise mode have been re-rated and been set to act more true-to-life in terms of how they act on 4th down, specifically related to fakes and going for it.
-better/easier interface
-smarter player signing logic
-better/more scouting comments
-better draft logic
-progression improvements ("Older players will digress much faster. In fact, when a running back hits 30, he’s going downhill at warp speed. Younger players will progress quickly if they play well. We’re talking up 10 points in overall if he has a great year. Veteran players will still progress, but not substantially. They can also digress if they play poorly.")

*"EPIC" feature in terms of presentation (TBA soon)

*Super Bowl is getting better presentation

*Pre-Game Warm-Up

*Improved Commentary (Hammond and Collinsworth recorded new audio together, rather than in separate sessions)

*Accelerated Clock

*New/Improved Stat Banners (30 new ones)

*Improvements to camera flashes (rate is depended on importance of game; i.e. pre-game< regular game < playoffs < super bowl)

*Weapons Icons and Pre-Play controls are set to off by default to give it a "pure football feel"

*New menus that are easier to navigate w/ help of removal of the ring builder feature
-Customization/slider menus letting users control things in gameplay (penalties, speed, etc.) to things in presentation (stat overlays, replays, etc.)

Alright so I literally LOL'd at a lot of the things said in the Madden 07 DVD. It's amazing what features the old dev team were hyping and putting the most importance on right when the game came out. What's even funnier is how much the things that were said about Madden 10 by Ian and others of the new dev team completley kill the features said by the old dev team of Madden 07 in terms of making the game better and there's still much more news about Madden 10 to come. So yeah, hopefully this shows very clearly the change in the direction of Madden this gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: "Big" Madden 07 features VS. "Small" Madden 10 features (xbox 360)

I see it.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
*David Ortiz (in response to meeting expectations):
"Some things may not work out but we don't get upset... we always have next season to polish things up."
Its that attitude why Madden is so far behind.

I was just kidding when I first said he should be working a McDonalds drive though....now I mean it. But again, he'd probably serve people hamburgers that arent fully cooked and tell them "next time you come back, Ill make sure its cooked better"

Glad that chump is gone.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Okay, I just watched the DVD that came with the collector's edition of Madden 07 (that I got as a gift) and I'm amazed at what the old dev team was hyping. I'm going to compare things that the old dev team was saying about the game right when Madden 07 came out to what Ian and Phil have been saying about Madden 10 months before it's coming out. Hopefully you guys can see the change of direction (more so to the guys who seem like they aren't seeing it).

Features of Madden 10 that were said by the new dev team recently (months before the game comes out):

Alright so I literally LOL'd at a lot of the things said in the Madden 07 DVD. It's amazing what features the old dev team were hyping and putting the most importance on right when the game came out. What's even funnier is how much the things that were said about Madden 10 by Ian and others of the new dev team completley kill the features said by the old dev team of Madden 07 in terms of making the game better and there's still much more news about Madden 10 to come. So yeah, hopefully this shows very clearly the change in the direction of Madden this gen.
That was an outstanding report...
Old 04-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Come to think of it, if they polish the game I might buy it the way it is right now. Well I am one of those suckers that buy madden every year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 22

My god... that is absolutely amazing. 07's features were absolutely atrocious and madden 10's are absolutely wondrous.... I never really paid attention to what madden was stressing in 06 and 07 and to see this comparison is mind blowing. I think Ian and co. will finally silence all of these madden haters. If this year doesn't nothing will. I AM SO STOKED FOR M10!!!

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 04-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Come to think of it, if they polish the game I might buy it the way it is right now. Well I am one of those suckers that buy madden every year...
Funny you should say that, I remember standing in line at the Funcoland (now Gamestop) off of Zinfandel in Rancho waiting for the doors to open.

This was like 2001 or so, and it was about 100 degrees by 10am when they opened.

Good times...
Old 04-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Funny you should say that, I remember standing in line at the Funcoland (now Gamestop) off of Zinfandel in Rancho waiting for the doors to open.

This was like 2001 or so, and it was about 100 degrees by 10am when they opened.

Good times...

You mean when we wern't bitter and angry at EA for tricking us year in and year out? You mean when madden had to compete and was the one of the best games on the market? Yeah, those were the days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »