Home

This screenshot looks a bit unnatural to me...

This is a discussion on This screenshot looks a bit unnatural to me... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: This screenshot looks a bit unnatural to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I got this from the trailer... Santonio Holme's contortion here really kinda stood out to me... maybe one of Ian's cringe worthy type reaction...

I love the fact that people look at the ball now, i think it makes a huge difference, but I'd like to see a smoother body transition when the WR is looking over his shoulder and preparing to make the catch... This frame right here looks very unnatural to me...

BTW, if this has already been discussed, then feel free to delete... I'm a bit behind the reactions today
To be honest if you look at a live game paused on tape, you'd get the same effect.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Looks feasible to me... I don't know - I think some people are a little too nit-picky on this.

Also - if that catching animation is Motion Captured, then it's obviously realistic, even if it looks a little contorted - as someone said - clipping issues are more a result of polygon motion-timing then anything else.

Last edited by Netherscourge; 04-24-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #11
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge

Looks feasible to me... I don't know - I think some people are a little too nit-picky on this.

Also - if that catching animation is Motion Captured, then it's obviously realistic, even if it looks a little contorted - as someone said - clipping issues are more a result of polygon motion-timing then anything else.
To be fair, I think a lot of Madden gamers suffer from years of the same old results. There are improvements in this game. Sadly, those issues that Ian and Co really didn't have adequate time to change (animation for ex.), remind gamers of the prior versions. Let's hope that animation becomes priority #1 for next. Otherwise, I'm fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
That's the thing, I went and took the screenshot because it stood out to me in the video... watching it last night and this morning it really just jumped out at me like... hmmm... that looks kinda funky.

I feel as the ball is too far away from the WR for him to begin turning like that so soon....

Also WRs don't usually lean back and turn while they're running down field... if the ball is underthrown they'll turn and jump for it.

Don't know, just really jumped out at me which is why I took the screenshot.... maybe I'm overreacting...
Does look like he should lose balance or something.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Does look like he should lose balance or something.
Yeah, it just doesn't look like a natural motion that anyone would perform... just a slight tweak should fix it I think.

Like I said, I didn't sit there capturing frame by frame, just watched the thing once last night and it stood out to me, so I watched it again today and it stuck out like a sore thumb yet again...
Old 04-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

*sighs*
Old 04-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Looking at it again, I would say that in that scenario I would expect the WR to slow down and adjust to the ball. A reciever is supposed to disguise his intentions until the very last second so that a DB doesn't know the ball is coming.

In this scenario Holmes seems to give away the fact that the ball is coming his way far too early and as I said, I'd expect Holmes to simlly slow down instead of going full speed and trying to unnaturally contort his torso to reel the ball in.

That type of behavior should happen in very tight situations when he's got a guy all over him and there's not much time to adjust as opposed to a wide open play like this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »