Home

Why What We Saw in the Screenshots/Early Vids is not evident in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Why What We Saw in the Screenshots/Early Vids is not evident in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Why What We Saw in the Screenshots/Early Vids is not evident in Madden 10?

I mean seriously, just look at those new Madden 10 photos on EA Sports.com, they are AMAZING!! But the trailer looks nothing like that, it honestly looks like Madden 09, excluding the animations. Also, why are things like the WR double move animation and almost all WR cutting animations different in the game trailer then what we saw in videos very early in the year, the WR cutting animations in the Game Trailer shown on Thursday look EXACTLY LIKE 09, nothing like the incredible animations shown early this year. I would love a response on this Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Why What We Saw in the Screenshots/Early Vids is not evident in Madden 10?

Trailer was made before Community day a lots changed. New catch animations were nice and so was some of the blocking.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan127
I mean seriously, just look at those new Madden 10 photos on EA Sports.com, they are AMAZING!! But the trailer looks nothing like that, it honestly looks like Madden 09, excluding the animations. Also, why are things like the WR double move animation and almost all WR cutting animations different in the game trailer then what we saw in videos very early in the year, the WR cutting animations in the Game Trailer shown on Thursday look EXACTLY LIKE 09, nothing like the incredible animations shown early this year. I would love a response on this Ian.
Yeah I mean the tackling like the way 4 people all pile onto Willie Parker, and the way receivers and defensive backs look at the ball, and the way the O-Line works the Defensive ends, and how that fumble happens, and people jumping on the back of piles and moving them forwards, the way Warner is hit as he throws... all of it EXACTLY the same as Madden '09.

What a joke I feel so short changed by this 1 minute of footage.

NO SELL!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan127
I'll tell you why. The animations in Madden are stiff and unrealistic, everyone knows that. When you see the images, all you are seeing are the pretty player models themselves, which look great.

Now, when you move the pretty player models in unrealistic motions, it looks bad. That is why every video we will see will look awkward, as long as the animations are bad, that is.

Now, I know everyone hates the 2k references, but this is an example. 2ks player models aren't as good as Maddens (though Madden has some tuning to do in terms of head size and proportions), however the animations are nearly life like, so it looks much, much more realistic.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkzilla
Yeah I mean the tackling like the way 4 people all pile onto Willie Parker, and the way receivers and defensive backs look at the ball, and the way the O-Line works the Defensive ends, and how that fumble happens, and people jumping on the back of piles and moving them forwards, the way Warner is hit as he throws... all of it EXACTLY the same as Madden '09.

NO SELL!!!
this shows that you didn't even read the post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

Anyone that is making a decision on this game right now based on 1 video and a few screenshots, you are considered a clown. dont waste your parents money and have them buy it for you if you think its garbage. you can play your 2K sports games for the next 15 yrs
Old 04-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkzilla

NO SELL!!!
The last guy that used the "NO SELL" tactic got a nice little red card as a reward. You're heading in the right direction for one of your own.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Trailer was made before Community day a lots changed.
This sums it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »