Home

I still don't feel like there is "Weight" to the players

This is a discussion on I still don't feel like there is "Weight" to the players within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
I still don't feel like there is "Weight" to the players

That could certainly change once I have a controller in my hand, but I'm not seeing the type of collisions that I would expect from 250 lbs monsters...

I guess the tackles don't seem violent enough to mimic what I see on Sundays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: I still don't feel like there is "Weight" to the players

I got the same feeling. But it was set to rookie and it was put together by marketing.

They still have time and Ian was on here IMMEDIATELY stating things he disliked personally. So we are all aware he knows what shortcomings it has so far.

I have hope...seriously for this year. I just hope the animations are ironed out. I have always said maddens' players NEVER moved the slightest bit realistic.....EVER. That still appears to be the case even now.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I got the same feeling. But it was set to rookie and it was put together by marketing.

They still have time and Ian was on here IMMEDIATELY stating things he disliked personally. So we are all aware he knows what shortcomings it has so far.

I have hope...seriously for this year. I just hope the animations are ironed out. I have always said maddens' players NEVER moved the slightest bit realistic.....EVER. That still appears to be the case even now.
True... I mean, I don't know if that will change, but really if I feel the weight when I have a controller in my hand I'll be happy.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Ian states he was aware of Willie Parker trucking through 5 defensemen before the trailer was released. He knows its a problem.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

Still have hope and look forward to adding feedback before the game goes gold

However Im really worried that the momentum/physics won't be realistic enough. I just don't see the appropriate slow down/speed up animations complete with realistic foot planting.

We got to get that in gear

Edit: I know I know NCAA is not Madden, but I don't want this happening in Madden

from easports on Vimeo.

Watch the far right edge rusher that the RB runs by....and look how he comes off that block and shoots up the field after a 100 mph 360 spin

Got to get stuff like that out of these games
This is my biggest concern as far as gameplay goes

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
Ian states he was aware of Willie Parker trucking through 5 defensemen before the trailer was released. He knows its a problem.
Not even that though, that's more of a ratings thing.

I'm more talking about collisions... where even 1 on 1 tackles are performed. Its more like two hand touch with the understanding that once I put my hands on you, that we both gently fall to the ground kinda thing.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Not even that though, that's more of a ratings thing.

I'm more talking about collisions... where even 1 on 1 tackles are performed. Its more like two hand touch with the understanding that once I put my hands on you, that we both gently fall to the ground kinda thing.
I gotta blame the non-real mo-cap they do. They don't have mo-cap of someone taking a real hit. Every collision is "nerfed" to make sure people don't get hurt.

You nailed it on the head. The ball carrier that gets mo-capped plans on being tackled. Instead of pumping to gain more yards and stay up. Same goes for broken tackles, the tackler plans on letting the ball carrier slip out of his hands. Instead of grasping every chance he has to take down the ball carrier before the tackle gets broken.

You need a better director, or athletes more willing to give it their all. The animations now sometimes look like a poor wrestling match.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

If Madden dont have a system to factor in weight by now it not something they can just throw in last minute.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »