Home

No offense, but some of you guys need some fresh air

This is a discussion on No offense, but some of you guys need some fresh air within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: No offence, but some of you guys need some fresh air

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Mo-cap is a dead technology. We are way past the point when we should have dynamic physics. Taking the old tackling animations and allowing extra players to glob on to them is not "gang tackling".

I remember the $90 I spent last year. This year I will be MUCH more skeptical. Throw in the BB issue, and Madden may be in real trouble for the first time in a long time.
Motion capture is so dead that, oh, every current 3D sports simulation games still uses it.

The only released 3D sports game series that I know off the top of my head doesn't use motion capture is the Smackdown vs Raw series, as Yukes crafts all the animations by hand. While that game moves fairly well, I'd say it's the exception and not the rule.

I'm not counting Backbreaker as that's only a tech demo at this point, as far as I'm concerned.

It's like some people expected this new dev team to turn water into wine. All they're doing is making a football game, and one that's shaping up to be a lot of fun and much better than the previous iteration in a number of areas. To say it looks no different than last year's game, even at this early juncture, would be completely false and unfair to what the current team has accomplished to this point.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #18
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

i always wondered how many of these posters have lives ( jobs, girlfriends, other friends.. A LIFE?)
Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
i always wondered how many of these posters have lives ( jobs, girlfriends, other friends.. A LIFE?)
lol you must have a ton of life only 31 posts in 5-6 years....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
^^Dave, I think you were right about the Ferrari analogy lol
Call it what you want to. I will vote with my wallet, just like many others. If EA won't step up to the plate and put the best possible product out there, they will see a backlash.

Again, a few seconds of guys coming out of the locker room in BB (taken off-screen on a cell phone camera) looks better than Madden '10's big rollout trailer. THAT IS BAD.

We've been here before. Been told all the same stuff. And each year it's more of the same. You can believe what you want, but you will be singing a different tune in September.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
This thread was targeted at others, not yours truly!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
I don't understand what you mean here? In the video you can clearly see on rushing defenders dynamically adding themselves to the tackle by wrapping themselves around teamates and the ball carrier, from all different directions. And then the pile being pushed in the appropriate direction relative to the tacklers momentum.

I don't know how you can make it any more dynamic? Or am I missing something?

QFT....I've looked at the trailer about 10 times now in an objective manner and I can clearly see that this game has taken a huge step in the right direction. To those that are angry, up in arms, and disappointed Madden 10 is just not their cup of tea. I suggest they move on and look to find another game they may get some enjoyment out of.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #23
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Well. If they are so confident in a pre-build and have made up their minds today, then let them have their opinion. If you truly believe that by you not buying Madden 10 that it will result in a flop, you are out of your mind.

Its just rather unfortunate that the Madden team has taken the time to share with us their progress and all in a 2 minute trailer everyone can just spit in their faces and say its still not good enough.

Madden looks great so far. I have faith that Ian can get his guys to make an enjoyable football experience again.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #24
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Its like 78 degrees here today. I could care less about Madden right now. I am more concerned with the Cavs going up 3-0 tonight.
Sadly Im rooting for it to

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »