Home

Taking Things To Far

This is a discussion on Taking Things To Far within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Taking Things To Far

I have been reading posts on this forum for some time now and It really is starting to look as if some of you are taking thing's a little bit to far. How can some people already be going as far as to say they won't be buying the game after seeing last night's clip, it is the first video Madden NFL 10 has shown yet, there is still so much more to come! It's very frustrating to read the forum when 90% of the posts you guys make are just complaints, no video game, not Madden, not 2K can implement all the things you guys want in the time they have, so instead of crying about what you want take a look at what they have put in there. It definitely looks like the blocking has improved, and the new gang tackle animations are amazing, and remember, that is just the first video, there is still so much more to come!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Taking Things To Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucicren
I have been reading posts on this forum for some time now and It really is starting to look as if some of you are taking thing's a little bit to far. How can some people already be going as far as to say they won't be buying the game after seeing last night's clip, it is the first video Madden NFL 10 has shown yet, there is still so much more to come! It's very frustrating to read the forum when 90% of the posts you guys make are just complaints, no video game, not Madden, not 2K can implement all the things you guys want in the time they have, so instead of crying about what you want take a look at what they have put in there. It definitely looks like the blocking has improved, and the new gang tackle animations are amazing, and remember, that is just the first video, there is still so much more to come!

Amen, someone with common sense.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

What disappoints me about the reactions to the trailer, is that the trailer really did seem to show off some huge improvements to key facets that affect the realism factor of the game. Each shot was strategically selected (clearly) to demonstrate something new this year that hasn't been there before, at least not in this gen.

It may have lacked the "one amazing improvement", but doesn't it seem like a lot of these little things when taken together will greatly improve the quality of the football itself?

Wouldn't structural issues being fixed be the top priority for most people here? I will admit, I'm not a hugely hardcore Madden player anymore (although I still buy almost every year), so maybe I'm missing the boat here.

Last edited by thesurfshop19; 04-24-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Clarify first sentence, emphasize "did" :)
Old 04-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesurfshop19
What disappoints me (EDIT: in regard to the reactions to the trailer, not the trailer itself) is that the trailer really did seem to show off some huge improvements to key facets that affect the realism factor of the game. Each shot was strategically selected (clearly) to demonstrate something new this year that hasn't been there before, at least not in this gen.

It may have lacked the "one amazing improvement", but doesn't it seem like a lot of these little things when taken together will greatly improve the quality of the football itself?

Wouldn't structural issues being fixed be the top priority for most people here? I will admit, I'm not a hugely hardcore Madden player anymore (although I still buy almost every year), so maybe I'm missing the boat here.
That's what people are failing to realize, the Madden Team does not want to show off that one amazing improvement yet. If you go to the Madden NFL 10 Website they haven't even released the games new features, so other then some cool gang tackles and referee's how much more can you really expect?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesurfshop19
What disappoints me (EDIT: in regard to the reactions to the trailer, not the trailer itself) is that the trailer really did seem to show off some huge improvements to key facets that affect the realism factor of the game. Each shot was strategically selected (clearly) to demonstrate something new this year that hasn't been there before, at least not in this gen.

WOW HUH?????

-Did they not show 4-5 man gang tackles that EVERYONE SCREAMED FOR for the past 7 years?

-Did they not show improved OL/DL interaction that EVERYONE SCREAMED FOR for the past 7 years?

- Did they not add fight for the fumble which is NEW TO FOOTBALL VIDEOGAMING

I hate when people say they didn't see anything new in the video because clearly they are blind or just in denial that EA/tiburon are actually trying this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
Rookie

i agree with djordan. i just watched the clip again. the first time i saw it, it was a bit overwhelming taking in all that information at first, but looking at it a second time i can see alot of the positive changes that have been asked for.

the animations do look a bit mechanical though. and is it just me or does darnell docket look a little too stocky?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Seems to me like some people were just hoping the game didn't look great, when it didn't look how they wanted it their wishes came true and it really gave them the fuel they needed.

I knew this would happen though. Some people just want this game to be NFL 2K10. Anything less is a disappointment.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
WOW HUH?????

-Did they not show 4-5 man gang tackles that EVERYONE SCREAMED FOR for the past 7 years?

-Did they not show improved OL/DL interaction that EVERYONE SCREAMED FOR for the past 7 years?

- Did they not add fight for the fumble which is NEW TO FOOTBALL VIDEOGAMING

I hate when people say they didn't see anything new in the video because clearly they are blind or just in denial that EA/tiburon are actually trying this year.
I'm agreeing with you. The trailer really did seem to show off some huge improvements to key facets that affect the realism factor of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »