Home

The one improvement people don't seem to be talking about

This is a discussion on The one improvement people don't seem to be talking about within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The one improvement people don't seem to be talking about

theres already a thread about the pictures from the madden website...
Old 04-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #10
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
How about the great strides this dev team has made with the player faces? That aspect of the game always use to bother me. Many of the more well known players were barely distinguishable, and generally looked generic. I saw the new pictures on the official website and they were nearly spot on with Polamalu and Fitzy.
Not only that, but notice the players actually have facial expressions thanks to PA. Nice details.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
ok so i make a thread about an improvement in the trailer, and its locked, yet this thread still lives. whats up with this?
Will this be a severe blow to your campaign for the "Thread Creation Championships"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #12
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Will this be a severe blow to your campaign for the "Thread Creation Championships"?
Lost my vote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #13
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I guess cause when I play the game I really don't care what the faces look like. I mean, you always play from behind the player, and even on D its not easy to see the faces, and when the D picks the ball off the camera spins anyway.

Faces and super duper details like that are all great for promo videos and such, but don't really do much for when a normal game is played.

I mean this looks great and all, but when the heck am I going to see this angle during a normal game?!
During the cinematic replays. Which, I admit, I am a huge fan of. It is one of the few non-gameplay things that I dig in Madden.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
I guess cause when I play the game I really don't care what the faces look like. I mean, you always play from behind the player, and even on D its not easy to see the faces, and when the D picks the ball off the camera spins anyway.

Faces and super duper details like that are all great for promo videos and such, but don't really do much for when a normal game is played.

I mean this looks great and all, but when the heck am I going to see this angle during a normal game?!
That's a good point. Which is why certain improvements don't mean jack without other improvements.

Example: Great facial mapping and expressions. So, allow the players to interact with the environment more. By taking off/putting on their helmets. Or, sideline emotion and interaction. And more cutscenes.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
During the cinematic replays. Which, I admit, I am a huge fan of. It is one of the few non-gameplay things that I dig in Madden.
Fair enough, I can see the appeal don't get me wrong, and they do look very good in that sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »