Home

The Official Brandon Jacobs rating petition.

This is a discussion on The Official Brandon Jacobs rating petition. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you think Jacobs should be rated as a top back in Madden?
YES 22 22.22%
NO 77 77.78%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: The Official Brandon Jacobs rating petition.

No Jacobs is a good solid back, but when your in a running commitee like he was you can't be athe best overall back. In my opinion he would have an amazing game and then he could also disappear from some games.

I'm not knockin BJ. Honestly if he carried the load for an entire season he could put up amazing numbers. He could be a 2000 yard rusher.

Last edited by CLEAR17; 04-24-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: adding more
Old 04-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I wonder if they give Steve the moves he deserves.

1:00 my favorite part

Yes, hopefully he will have all his running type ratings. I think after the catch he is the best out of the top 5 I listed but the running ratings don't really play into WR overall atleast by the current overall formulas.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Yes, hopefully he will have all his running type ratings. I think after the catch he is the best out of the top 5 I listed but the running ratings don't really play into WR overall atleast by the current overall formulas.
I know. I read that Donny was cutting down defensive players running abilities so there wouldnt be as many returns and all that. There are just some players who I picture as RBs with the ball in their hands and I hope they still keep their stats. Im sure he wont nail guys that deserve what they should have but we wont know till 8/14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 11:58 PM   #76
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
This guy deserves a much better rating, he is one of the top running backs in the NFL. You got the trucking right, but I think he may need to have his acceleration, agility, break tackle and blocking reviewed. Put down the calculator and graph, and take a look at his moves.

5.0 YPC in 07 and 08.???? Who else has done this with over 200 carries in both years?

Answer = NOBODY.... A.P. came very close, and had alot more carries. Thats why he is the #1 back in madden.

I made this video BTW

I agree with what your saying, and unless your not seeing every Giants game some don't understand how good Jacobs really is.

Now I have to be honest here. I still don't have Jacobs as the best back in the league. I do like Adrian Peterson better, and I have him ranked #1 overall.

Jacobs does deserve a very good rating. He is fast , strong and has really good agility.
I hope EA really studies Jacobs and just doesn't think that Jacobs is just a Power Back.

Jacobs is a special talent and I'm glad he is a Giant!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yea Great Video!!!!!!!!!!! Very nicely done
Old 04-25-2009, 03:20 AM   #77
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

I think think that it would be interesting if madden could somehow translate into franchise mode the value that some teams would place on a Brandon Jacobs style player, or an Eddie George in his prime style player. Even though I think they are correctly rated worse than a back like, say, Westbrook, in some ways they are much more dominant players.

You just can't stop Brandon Jacobs with schemes. At some point you have to suck it up and hit him, or get hit by him as the case may be.

Maybe the game ought to be able to identify the players that stand out from the pack or are unique and give them an elevated value when it comes to trades/contracts. Not a ratings boost, just a value boost. This way the physical specimens like Chris Johnson with his blazing speed, or the ManBeasts like BJ or Julius Peppers could all have a little extra value just because of their rarity.

Which makes me think back to player roles. I really want these to come back, but not all of them should be ratings related. I think there is so much that you could do for franchise with a deep and well excecuted player role system.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
he definately should...the lions should also have the best overall team rating.
lol it took me a while to realise that was sarcasm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »