Home

The Official Brandon Jacobs rating petition.

This is a discussion on The Official Brandon Jacobs rating petition. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you think Jacobs should be rated as a top back in Madden?
YES 22 22.22%
NO 77 77.78%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: The Official Brandon Jacobs rating petition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
This guy deserves a much better rating, he is one of the top running backs in the NFL. You got the trucking right, but I think he may need to have his acceleration, agility, break tackle and blocking reviewed. Put down the calculator and graph, and take a look at his moves.

5.0 YPC in 07 and 08.???? Who else has done this with over 200 carries in both years?

Answer = NOBODY.... A.P. came very close, and had alot more carries. Thats why he is the #1 back in madden.

I made this video BTW

under the old ratings I would agree but remember this is a new era for madden ratings and they will be a lot more spread out I mean there are only 50 total 95+ guys out of like 2000.....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #18
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

LOL the poll says 33 no, 4 yes. jacobs is fine where he is
Old 04-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #19
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Hes a big body that is incredibly hard to bring down. Thats what he should be in Madden. Hes not a superior back in the league. 89 is a good rating.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
You sound like another bitter fan, upset about ratings. If you think that Brandon Jacobs is worthy of anything above an 89 rating, you're obviously the one in need of some education on football.

The guy can't run routes, he's not the best receiver. He doesn't have great lateral speed. Not the fastest guy. Doesn't have the greatest vision. He's a bruiser with some great feet. I think it's more than fair to rate him as high as an 89. If it weren't for his amazing ability to break tackles, he'd be just another running back. So please spare us the lectures on football knowledge.
lol you are a true eagles fan bro....but Jacobs is a great RB with great awareness, unbelievable tackle breaking ability and is actually somewhat agile especially for his size...just because he isn't the same type of back as westbrook does not mean he isn't good...everything you listed is what Westbrook excels at (except for vision good vision but not great oh and Jacobs has decent vision)

Old 04-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #21
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
I'd like to here the response to this...wait i got it..You're just saying that because you're an eagles fan...do they come with anything better?
Wha??? I'm confused...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
Wow, no love for Jacobs....

5.0 YPC in 07 and 08.???? Who else has done this with over 200 carries in both years?

Answer = NOBODY.... A.P. came very close, and had alot more carries. Thats why he is the #1 back in madden.
Why are you complaining about Jacobs overall. You know nothing about football and escpically the Giants. Jacobs does not have a higher overall rating because of five other names on the Giants.

Diehl, Seubert, O'Hara, Snee, Mckenzie

Jacobs runs behind the best offensive line in all of the NFL. Don't worry the offensive line for the giants will have blocking ratings so Jacobs runs more like a 95 overall. I am a big Giants fan by the way.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Why are you complaining about Jacobs overall. You know nothing about football and escpically the Giants. Jacobs does not have a higher overall rating because of five other names on the Giants.

Diehl, Seubert, O'Hara, Snee, Mckenzie

Jacobs runs behind the best offensive line in all of the NFL. Don't worry the offensive line for the giants will have blocking ratings so Jacobs runs more like a 95 overall. I am a big Giants fan by the way.
I hate this argument so much...you could say this about Emmit Smith for God's sake but it does not make his play any less impressive...

Old 04-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

GOSH..... just take your ratings and play the game...Im a falcons fan and the last 5 years their oline has got no love...I just take my anger management pills and play the game...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »