Home

Madden NFL 10: Top Ten Position Ratings (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Top Ten Position Ratings (Gamespot) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 03:01 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 10: Top Ten Position Ratings (Gamespot)

i dissagree with kurt warner he had boldin and fitz to throw to no wonder why he had a good season.
he should be rated no higher then a 85
fact

also im hoping in franchise mode players can accel and decel by 17+ or 17- points for the next season this means players that had great seasons go up while ones with bad seasons go down
Old 04-25-2009, 03:20 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 17

LOL @ the haters, LT is still a top 5 Back and Rivers is DEFIANTLY a top 4 QB. Sorry but when you're as good as LT has been his entire career you have to have more then one off year to be considered done, and by the way in that off year he still had 13 TD's and over 1100 yards.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:28 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
So many issues with these ratings! *SMH*

Who thinks Roddy White is better than Calvin Johnson thats a joke.

Donovan McNabb is a top 5 QB. Who besides Brady has done more with less and is ask to do it passing as much as Andy Reid passes the ball?

Larry Johnson is still an elite running back no love. Everybody gets all wrapped up in hype way to fast. Cassell is a 83 please remember Derek Anderson after that year he was rated all high now he probably back in the 60's.

These rating are based on hype not actual talent and the still are way to high. Just these ratings alone proves this scaling down thing is a joke. Its the same as 09 just with this year inflated players!
I will agree with you on calvin being better than roddy and with the ratings being scaled too high.

As far as LJ, he had one and a half good years as a starter and then has been weak for the last two years. Also, he will be turning 30 next season. he is on the decline will never be considered a top back again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 03:29 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Other than the facts that he sucks and has a big mouth, I have no clue what their problem is.
Finding an elite player like that who doesn't talk trash is hard to do. He does not suck. He played bad in a bad defense, then came to a good one and played great. He played like 6 games and tied for the most picks on the team. The rating he got is undeserved. Fred Smoot should take a hit, but Hall should not drop 25 points. Ridiculous. I don't normally edit rosters, but if EA lets that rating stand I certainly will. Their ratings guys should watch more Skins games.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:40 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
LOL @ the haters, LT is still a top 5 Back and Rivers is DEFIANTLY a top 4 QB. Sorry but when you're as good as LT has been his entire career you have to have more then one off year to be considered done, and by the way in that off year he still had 13 TD's and over 1100 yards.
Rivers is not a top 4 QB.

I agree about LT tho. Too early to pass judgment there.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:43 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Larry Johnson is still an elite running back no love. Everybody gets all wrapped up in hype way to fast. Cassell is a 83 please remember Derek Anderson after that year he was rated all high now he probably back in the 60's.
You can keep thinking that. You are entitled to your opinion, but he isnt an elite back. Its not coincidence he has done nothing without Roaf and Shields. He was a product of an elite line, just like Shaun Alexander was.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:13 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 8

Someone should make a list of the same positions and show how many players were rated from the lowest rating in this years top ten up to 99 and see how much they scaled it back as a whole. I don't have madden 09 anymore or I would check it out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

For DeAngelo Hall, he played horrible in Raiders in comparison to Chris Johnson and Nnamdi. Chris Johnson gave up 1 TD and Nnamdi gave up 0. Opponents threw at Hall all day and got torched. So you have to take in consideration that he was horrible with the Raiders and pretty much the worse corner in the league during the time.

Even if he played decent or well with the Skins, you still have to take consideration how poorly he played in comparison to people who replaced him or opposite side of him. So with the Raiders who had one of the worse defenses, Chris Johnson and Nnamdi were still able to hold their ground.

I would rate him around high 70's just because he can play cover 2 decent. Other than that he sucks in everything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »