Home

Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

This is a discussion on Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #17
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Yea, but the guy actually has a valid point tho. It has been the same thing year in and year out and you guys get suckered every time.
Thank you.
DHB_8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #18
Banned
 
FootballDetails's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,182
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHB_8
Ian showed us a bunch of new QB animations and how they would drop back different and stand differently but it looks EXACTLY the same.

I wouldn't say they looked exactly the same, but I was definitely expecting totally new and improved QB animations.
FootballDetails is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #19
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I wouldn't say they looked exactly the same, but I was definitely expecting totally new and improved QB animations.
I didn't notice a difference.

You probably have to slow it down and compare to '09 to see the difference. But just looking at it, it looks exactly the same. Look at the end how unrealistically the ball comes out of Warners hands.
DHB_8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #20
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Another thing I loved was how I sent Ian about five messages since I signed up here from Qb animations to better Special teams play.

I even made threads about it.

He never ever responded.
DHB_8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #21
MVP
 
g2thecore's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHB_8
Of course.

Because everyone **** rides EA on here, so when someone says something bad, they get an infraction but does EA get anything for making a horrible game?
See the problem is not so much that you say something "bad", it's how "bad" you say something.

I was very disappointed in the trailer, but I didn't come on here saying "EA sucks!" "People need to stop kissing their asses" etc....I gave my opinion and some ideas on how they can improve it. That's what we like to call "constructive" criticism.

Continue with your approach and you'll end up with nothing but a red card....But don't take my word for it....Ask NFLHITMAN.
__________________
"I'll die before I lose, cuz I was born to win."- Drake
g2thecore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #22
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fargo, ND
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHB_8
Another thing I loved was how I sent Ian about five messages since I signed up here from Qb animations to better Special teams play.

I even made threads about it.

He never ever responded.
Maybe its the way you come off? These guys are professionals, no matter how much we disagree with them at times. Am I happy with Madden 10 so far? Not at all. I do agree with all of your points in principal. The animations are pretty bad.

I guess I'm at the point where no amount of howling into the wind is going to change the direction that Madden is going to go in. I was going to save this for another day but I may as well post it now.

The problem with this Madden game and all future Madden games is that they are all going to be built from the same horrible engine that the game currently runs on. No matter how talented Ian is at coding he is still working on an engine that was designed 3 years ago by a team of highly trained monkeys more or less. In order for Madden to really flourish again, they're going to need a brand new engine coded by somebody who actually gives a damn. Until then, I wouldn't hold my breath.
achain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #23
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
See the problem is not so much that you say something "bad", it's how "bad" you say something.

I was very disappointed in the trailer, but I didn't come on here saying "EA sucks!" "People need to stop kissing their asses" etc....I gave my opinion and some ideas on how they can improve it. That's what we like to call "constructive" criticism.

Continue with your approach and you'll end up with nothing but a red card....But don't take my word for it....Ask NFLHITMAN.
I tried doing that. I tried sending them PM's, making threads about it and GOT NOTHING. Never did I get "We'll look into improving that" or something. I got nothing.

So why should I be all nice to guys who have been ripping me off? To guys have been clearly lying?
DHB_8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #24
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achain
Maybe its the way you come off? These guys are professionals, no matter how much we disagree with them at times. Am I happy with Madden 10 so far? Not at all. I do agree with all of your points in principal. The animations are pretty bad.

I guess I'm at the point where no amount of howling into the wind is going to change the direction that Madden is going to go in. I was going to save this for another day but I may as well post it now.

The problem with this Madden game and all future Madden games is that they are all going to be built from the same horrible engine that the game currently runs on. No matter how talented Ian is at coding he is still working on an engine that was designed 3 years ago by a team of highly trained monkeys more or less. In order for Madden to really flourish again, they're going to need a brand new engine coded by somebody who actually gives a damn. Until then, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Believe it or not, I was extremely nice. The PM I sent him was like:
"Hey guys, thanks for all the great and hard work you guys have put in but do you guys think you could touch up the Special Teams play? It's a critical part of the NFL and if you guys improved it, we all would be grateful. Thanks again".

What more do you want me to do? To send him a Spongebob post card with a cake?
DHB_8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Top -