Home

Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

This is a discussion on Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 04-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Yea, but the guy actually has a valid point tho. It has been the same thing year in and year out and you guys get suckered every time.
Thank you.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #18
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHB_8
Ian showed us a bunch of new QB animations and how they would drop back different and stand differently but it looks EXACTLY the same.

I wouldn't say they looked exactly the same, but I was definitely expecting totally new and improved QB animations.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I wouldn't say they looked exactly the same, but I was definitely expecting totally new and improved QB animations.
I didn't notice a difference.

You probably have to slow it down and compare to '09 to see the difference. But just looking at it, it looks exactly the same. Look at the end how unrealistically the ball comes out of Warners hands.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #20
Banned

Another thing I loved was how I sent Ian about five messages since I signed up here from Qb animations to better Special teams play.

I even made threads about it.

He never ever responded.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #21
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Of course.

Because everyone **** rides EA on here, so when someone says something bad, they get an infraction but does EA get anything for making a horrible game?
See the problem is not so much that you say something "bad", it's how "bad" you say something.

I was very disappointed in the trailer, but I didn't come on here saying "EA sucks!" "People need to stop kissing their asses" etc....I gave my opinion and some ideas on how they can improve it. That's what we like to call "constructive" criticism.

Continue with your approach and you'll end up with nothing but a red card....But don't take my word for it....Ask NFLHITMAN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Another thing I loved was how I sent Ian about five messages since I signed up here from Qb animations to better Special teams play.

I even made threads about it.

He never ever responded.
Maybe its the way you come off? These guys are professionals, no matter how much we disagree with them at times. Am I happy with Madden 10 so far? Not at all. I do agree with all of your points in principal. The animations are pretty bad.

I guess I'm at the point where no amount of howling into the wind is going to change the direction that Madden is going to go in. I was going to save this for another day but I may as well post it now.

The problem with this Madden game and all future Madden games is that they are all going to be built from the same horrible engine that the game currently runs on. No matter how talented Ian is at coding he is still working on an engine that was designed 3 years ago by a team of highly trained monkeys more or less. In order for Madden to really flourish again, they're going to need a brand new engine coded by somebody who actually gives a damn. Until then, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
See the problem is not so much that you say something "bad", it's how "bad" you say something.

I was very disappointed in the trailer, but I didn't come on here saying "EA sucks!" "People need to stop kissing their asses" etc....I gave my opinion and some ideas on how they can improve it. That's what we like to call "constructive" criticism.

Continue with your approach and you'll end up with nothing but a red card....But don't take my word for it....Ask NFLHITMAN.
I tried doing that. I tried sending them PM's, making threads about it and GOT NOTHING. Never did I get "We'll look into improving that" or something. I got nothing.

So why should I be all nice to guys who have been ripping me off? To guys have been clearly lying?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by achain
Maybe its the way you come off? These guys are professionals, no matter how much we disagree with them at times. Am I happy with Madden 10 so far? Not at all. I do agree with all of your points in principal. The animations are pretty bad.

I guess I'm at the point where no amount of howling into the wind is going to change the direction that Madden is going to go in. I was going to save this for another day but I may as well post it now.

The problem with this Madden game and all future Madden games is that they are all going to be built from the same horrible engine that the game currently runs on. No matter how talented Ian is at coding he is still working on an engine that was designed 3 years ago by a team of highly trained monkeys more or less. In order for Madden to really flourish again, they're going to need a brand new engine coded by somebody who actually gives a damn. Until then, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Believe it or not, I was extremely nice. The PM I sent him was like:
"Hey guys, thanks for all the great and hard work you guys have put in but do you guys think you could touch up the Special Teams play? It's a critical part of the NFL and if you guys improved it, we all would be grateful. Thanks again".

What more do you want me to do? To send him a Spongebob post card with a cake?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »