Home

Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

This is a discussion on Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHB_8
Believe it or not, I was extremely nice. The PM I sent him was like:
"Hey guys, thanks for all the great and hard work you guys have put in but do you guys think you could touch up the Special Teams play? It's a critical part of the NFL and if you guys improved it, we all would be grateful. Thanks again".

What more do you want me to do? To send him a Spongebob post card with a cake?
I don't know how effective PMs would be. I can only imagine how many PMs Ian has in his box every day.... I would not expect him to be able to go through even a small % of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I don't know how effective PMs would be. I can only imagine how many PMs Ian has in his box every day.... I would not expect him to be able to go through even a small % of them.
I even made threads WHEN HE WAS ON.

And lots of users came in and said "I'd love to see if Ian/EA fixed this".
Old 04-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Believe it or not, I was extremely nice. The PM I sent him was like:
"Hey guys, thanks for all the great and hard work you guys have put in but do you guys think you could touch up the Special Teams play? It's a critical part of the NFL and if you guys improved it, we all would be grateful. Thanks again".

What more do you want me to do? To send him a Spongebob post card with a cake?
Heh, as entertaining as it would be to send them a cake, I don't think it'd be appropriate. I guess I don't get that upset anymore as I used to because I'm resigned to the notion that nothing will change for a while; atleast not until they change engines. A lot of people here won't like to hear that, but I hope next time around they'll actually think before they design it with the community in mind and hopefully it won't be such a bitch for the dev team to implement important features.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by achain
Heh, as entertaining as it would be to send them a cake, I don't think it'd be appropriate. I guess I don't get that upset anymore as I used to because I'm resigned to the notion that nothing will change for a while; atleast not until they change engines. A lot of people here won't like to hear that, but I hope next time around they'll actually think before they design it with the community in mind and hopefully it won't be such a bitch for the dev team to implement important features.
I agree.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #29
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

Quote:
Ian also said this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5x9Q0cdvL4

And EA also said the new 85 features in '09 were going to make the game great.

Don't believe everything. He said they fixed the QB throwing animation, dropback animation but yet it looks the same.

Don't believe everything you hear, especially from EA.
Understood but my point wasnt towards what and what not to believe from EA but for people to stop whiny about the same thing lol If there was just ONE thread and everybody ran in there and complained, it wouldnt be so bad you know? Everyone is entitled to their opinions...
Old 04-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
I mean I was expecting new animations and all that but not the same.

The QB horrific throwing animation looks exactly the same, the dumb way he walks around in the pocket looks the same. Same horrible running animations. The animations/game still looks robotic and not smooth.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/media.action

Also, is it just me or does that first pic look like the CB superman block?

I know that they tried to show the Superbowl but it still looked bad, the least they could have done was get Holmes catching animation right at the end.

I'm pretty disappointed right now. I was expecting better.
I think your statements are very accurate. The animations look terrible IMHO too much like last year's game.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Yea, but the guy actually has a valid point tho. It has been the same thing year in and year out and you guys get suckered every time.

Thats the truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

A lot of this muckety muck back n forth could have been avoided.

Ian has shut off his PM's as of a few weeks ago. He was getting too many and it's hunker down time at EA.

Has anyone read the Ian thread? Geez, he said there are some critical issues to tune the game trailer, animations is one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »