Home

Except for 2-3, none of these should be able to happen in Madden '10.

This is a discussion on Except for 2-3, none of these should be able to happen in Madden '10. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Except for 2-3, none of these should be able to happen in Madden '10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1JJTe7jdRc

WHAT

THE

****?

EA should be embarrassed for putting a product out like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Except for 2-3, none of these should be able to happen in Madden '10.

Anyone else see this horrible cheesing?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

The problem is fatigue. If Madden had a system where you couldn't sprint indefinetely per play then a lot of these things would go away. I mean you see like 7 broken tackles in a play and you know it is possible because the player has an equal chance of breaking each one.

The game doesn't say, ok.. he broke one tackle and that took this much effort so now he is tired, ok, now he's trying to break a second tackle... where is his stamina level?..ok, its here, its Adrian Peterson, so he's still in good shape, ok, a 3d tackle, Stamina check? Ok, not so good, big hits to stats... still a small chance to break it, but highly unlikely...

Also the weight thing.... Ok, 180 lb HB runs itno 300 LB lineman, the tackle animation shows the Lineman has the HB in his grasp... result: Tackle 99% of the time.

I think if Madden had per play stamina instead of just per game stamina and also used Weight as a deciding factor you would see a lot of these things eliminated.

These players MUST get tired DURING a play, being able to sprint indefinitely is VERY unrealistic.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
The problem is fatigue. If Madden had a system where you couldn't sprint indefinetely per play then a lot of these things would go away. I mean you see like 7 broken tackles in a play and you know it is possible because the player has an equal chance of breaking each one.

The game doesn't say, ok.. he broke one tackle and that took this much effort so now he is tired, ok, now he's trying to break a second tackle... where is his stamina level?..ok, its here, its Adrian Peterson, so he's still in good shape, ok, a 3d tackle, Stamina check? Ok, not so good, big hits to stats... still a small chance to break it, but highly unlikely...

Also the weight thing.... Ok, 180 lb HB runs itno 300 LB lineman, the tackle animation shows the Lineman has the HB in his grasp... result: Tackle 99% of the time.

I think if Madden had per play stamina instead of just per game stamina and also used Weight as a deciding factor you would see a lot of these things eliminated.

These players MUST get tired DURING a play, being able to sprint indefinitely is VERY unrealistic.
I agree.

The funniest was Chris Johnson running the D-Line over.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

No one can take the game seriously if you can run in circles [I believe this was a popular technique in Tecmo Bowl...how many years ago was that? LOL] and get past defenders. I love the horrendous running animation, also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 19

Madden 09 was a joke. Madden 10 is a totally different game. The only similarity 09 will have with 10 is the Madden name on the box.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHB_8
I agree.

The funniest was Chris Johnson running the D-Line over.
I agree, that was hilarious.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

This guy is breaking all the records for pointless threads today. You're saying the same things in all of your threads dude...We get it.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »