Home
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #105
Rookie

Accfsu34's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Real gameplay from Madden 10

it looked good, i thought the trailer looked pretty good yesterday. yeah some stuff may be hit & miss, but at the end of the day its just a [email protected] game. You want authentic facemasks, different color cleats, state of the art presentation, rowdy crowds, new different commentary, than just watch football on sundays or mondays. gameplay is looking great, and if the gameplay is great when are you gonna have time to look at all the specifics of a player model. in the end i respect alls opinion, and i aint hating on no one cause i know $59.99 does not grow on trees.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #106
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: WOW, the first true gameplay video rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Also, I have a question for the CD guys....Adem if you're reading this, was there any kind of "scripting" or "writing" on the screen when you guys played the alpha build?

I was watching the Jimmy Fallon vid, and right around the time of the penalty call by the ref, I caught some white writing on the left side of the screen, almost like codes. Was this in your build? Did anyone else catch that?
Yep, that's dev kit stuff. Most of it is unintelligible to us laymen. The dev kits look like XBox 360's with an extended clip:P Apparently they don't play retail games, the game is just uploaded onto the kid, so if they wanna show it off somewhere, they gotta take the whole kit.

Honestly the only time I payed attention too it is when Ian had us go into a certain mode and play in practice... when in replay, you could target a player and frame-forward, and the text would display the background name of the animation playing.

It was really weird playing the alpha... lots of placeholders, especially for audio. "Quarterback scriptable is playing here" became quite familiar.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 04-24-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]_WiZaRD
This actually worries me more than impress me.

Jimmy Fallon made big play after big play, and I didn't notice one SINGLE new TV-like presentation element except that screen-hogging sidebar.

I hope for EA's sake that this is just a very bare-bone demo, or a lot of people will be pissed.

The reason it looks like Jimmy made big play after big play is because they edited the video to only show him making those plays, im sure they didn't want to show him getting sacked or made to look bad at madden.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:27 PM   #108
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
The game has a history of always being set on rookie when being demoed on TV or when sites like IGN post gameplay vids. I wish it would be different this year but it seems like they will still play on rookie for the vids...

If it was on all-pro/all-madden, it would be disappointing but I highly highly doubt that the game was set to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Another thing is that marketing could maybe tell them to set the game to rookie so that big time plays could "wow" casual viewers since they will happen a lot since they are easier to pull off on rookie.
I agree with you on all your statements. I'm aware of why they select the rookie level to showcase the big plays, but in the end it shows more of a arcady side , and right now with them stating that the game is going to be sim. They shouldn't be selecting that level.

They should be showing us videos that show Sim football. What has been the product for the last 4 yrs. We really need to see a video that showcases sim football.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #109
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I agree with you on all your statements. I'm aware of why they select the rookie level to showcase the big plays, but in the end it shows more of a arcady side , and right now with them stating that the game is going to be sim. They shouldn't be selecting that level.

They should be showing us videos that show Sim football. What has been the product for the last 4 yrs. We really need to see a video that showcases sim football.
Yeah I agree. But I think marketing has more of a say to that stuff than Ian...

Ian would probably want the game set to all-pro at least.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #110
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

For the record, I bumped all CPU sliders to max and dropped all HUM sliders to zero, effectively creating "Super All-Madden"... I played one quarter, Cards vs. Steelers. 0/7, 6 interceptions, I think 3 returned for touchdowns. I was probably sacked 3 times.

So somewhere in there, there's gonna be a good happy medium, I think.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #111
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

Ian said that was out of his hands, but he wants to show us (OS) some sim footage when he returns next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #112
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

I also don't like the idea of not being able to easily toggle to stats and stat cards like 09 had. The PIP window from 09 just needed to be bigger, it didn't need to be eliminated completely. The concept was solid. This "new" playcall screen to me is a step backwards as we now have less options on top of having an obstructed view.
I completely agree on this one. After playing a lot of 09 I really got use to the new display and found it very useful. It was really nice being able to see a replay or check stats without having to pause and go to other screens. I hope there is still a way to do that somehow within the play calling screen. There must be as that would be a strange decision to go backwards.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »