Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmlives
[I Don't Know if this has been posted before]

Has anyone seen the new Fallon video?

Eat your heart out presentation guys;Help on injuries and Injury carts! Sideline cutscenes and Training bikes? What!? Not to mention those info banners, drop back, sideline activity, all new tackles (Did you see that dirty tackle on Larry?).

This is a must see:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....42409/1091411/

EDIT: My bad, I see the thread with this info. I didn't see the video posted, but here it is. Watch the whole thing.
I was finally able to watch this video after many mentioned it was the better video. I will have to say I really don't see much difference from 09, gameplay wise. The passing game seems exactly the same. I'm sorry Madden supporters but I'm just not seeing much worth all the hype. So for the time being, it looks like we got caught with the Madden hype train once again.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #202
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
This was very disappointing. I don't care about the playcalling interface or the improved graphics or whatnot, i care about that ridiculous drop and 80 yrd completion on 4th.

I know it was probably on rookie, but still, the fact that he was even able to drop that far back without getting sacked is very worriesome. DEFINITELY renting this one before buying, I really hope Ian make this a different game on a higher difficulty. But if I'm really honest with myself, have I ever seen Madden magically transform to a sim on higher difficulties? NO. Sure it will be more balanced, and some things tuned and tweaked, but the problem is so basic. On all-madden, they are really going to have entirely different throwing animations, qb animations, and physics for the ball in flight? I don't buy it.

Ian and the team seem like such great guys. I have to believe that if they can't make it sim, then no one can, and they are just too confined by the existing Madden base. The first comment in the video says it all

"if you played Madden before, this should be pretty familiar to you"

Last edited by teambayern; 04-25-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 4

Did you people really expect a different game? its EA same game with updated rosters, a little better graphics and some new features
Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #204
MVP

teambayern's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monta8
Did you people really expect a different game? its EA same game with updated rosters, a little better graphics and some new features
That's just it though, they really did bill this as the new age. The blog updates, the community day, everything about it was billed as brining a new experience. But unlike when EA did this with FIFA, they didn't build a new engine (probably because Madden hadn't been upstaged the way FIFA was). And because of exclusivity, they never will be upstaged.

I think Microsoft should seize on this and develop inhouse with 2k's guys or buy the rights to backbreaker and upgrade it.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #205
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
I was finally able to watch this video after many mentioned it was the better video. I will have to say I really don't see much difference from 09, gameplay wise. The passing game seems exactly the same. I'm sorry Madden supporters but I'm just not seeing much worth all the hype. So for the time being, it looks like we got caught with the Madden hype train once again.
HAHA, right it looked exactly the same, because we definetly had a pocket, passes that hit the ground and are incomplete, a realistic dropback animation, improved QB throwing animations, and WR/DB interaction in 09, all of whch were evident in the Jimmy Fallon vid.

Think before you speak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #206
Pro

OVR: 36
hahahahaha. i love how he counted down the play clock
Old 04-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #207
MVP

teambayern's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan127
HAHA, right it looked exactly the same, because we definetly had a pocket, passes that hit the ground and are incomplete, a realistic dropback animation, improved QB throwing animations, and WR/DB interaction in 09, all of whch were evident in the Jimmy Fallon vid.

Think before you speak
First, no need to be rude.

Second, that's all well and good, but when you can still pull off the standard 20 yard drop, 80 yard throw off the back foot, what do those things get you? I want to be the first to say that Ian has made a tremendous effort, and there are months to go for improvements. But right now, seeing a nice pocket on a replay won't make me feel much better after a bomb like that. Definitely on the right track, but in terms of buying Madden 2010 (as opposed to '11 or '12) it doesn't yet look like it's there yet.

Last edited by teambayern; 04-25-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #208
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Jimmy too good to be playing on rookie?! LOL. Naw, the majority of Madden players don't punt and always go for it on 4th. Yet in 2k5(hate to beat a dead horse) that didnt happen much because it would be 21-0 before the end of the first. And that was because that game forced you to play football. I just feel Madden lets too much arcarde like nonsense carry on in a game. It makes it feel more like blitz than a sim football game.

I agree somewhat with the whole let the player play the way they want to. Which is why I disagreed with fair play. BUT! If you were playing a shooter you would want someone just running around in circles and you not being able to kill them just because they like to run around in circles.
If Jimmy was able to do that on rookie than he should be playing at a higher difficulty level since he pulled that off.

I don't know if the majority of madden players go for it on 4th down (I never do unless it's late in the 4th qtr and I'm down). But I get what you are saying and to a certain point, the people who played 2k5 had more respect for the game since they didn't play the way that some people play madden.

Quote:
lol... I just don't understand how so many of you are making complete final judgments on the game based on a video that a camera man taped in front of a TV that was edited down a bunch.

Statements like "we all got caught in the madden hype train" should be made after the final game is out. Because really.... there's still much more info to come out and there's a lot more tuning to go.

EDIT: For some reason I thought you were still talking about the video of Jimmy playing before the show. But like really you don't notice any new animations at all? Like you don't notice how the WRs actually go for the ball even if the pass is overthrown?

It would seem that since people criticized madden for the lack of these things in the past that people would notice them but it seems like some people are just bashing to do so...

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-25-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »