Home

Please Fix The Huddle, Get That Circle Out

This is a discussion on Please Fix The Huddle, Get That Circle Out within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #25
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Please Fix The Huddle, Get That Circle Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
If its in the game, its in the game. Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Its unreal, these guys are good. They're not the best in the industry for nothing. I feel like a sleeping giant has awoken...

They got virtually everything the community requested correct, or are working on it...unreal dude, unreal!
Funny how if EA did have a perfect circle for a huddle in the real game you would give them crap..it's a huddle formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
Funny how if EA did have a perfect circle for a huddle in the real game you would give them crap..it's a huddle formation.

Let me show you the flaw in your thought process...

Lets say we let the huddle error slide, and then we let the QB mechanics slide, and the WR/DB interaction...and the uniforms, and stadiums...and well heck with it...because its not really that important right?

My point is...

If you do something in life, do it right...and do it to the best of your ability.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 32

how come EA doesn't notice details like this? Do they need more "football minds?" I think a few of us here at OS might need to get involved more with the game, or at least hear our ideas and implement them.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #28
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
how come EA doesn't notice details like this? Do they need more "football minds?" I think a few of us here at OS might need to get involved more with the game, or at least hear our ideas and implement them.
Did you catch the Fallon video?
Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
I've gotta agree with the op... i don't think this was when fallon was the qb. This is when he was playing next to phil before the show.

It looks like they're gonna slaughter a pig, kill a virgin then drink the spiritual koolaid.
Ian was sitting next to me at the event and we were talking about cut scenes. I then got a penalty or something (False start I think), and I saw this:

So I said "You know I hate how they huddle, it never really gets down in there or really shows a realistic huddle formation"

Then I went back to playcall and a closer tighter huddle formation popped up. Ian said "See there. We've got one here." I was like "Uhhh... oh, okay" because I wasn't expecting it.

But I think what may be happening here, is that you get something like the photo when you have penalties or something, and you get the closer shot with a tighter huddle during playcall.

I suggested after the event that less emphasis is placed on showing the formation of the huddle during post-play. It's not necessary, and we wind up seeing the players idle animations which are not too good. I'd rather they not spend any time on idle animations for that, it's not worth it when general post-play is more important and also the fact that you never really see a huddle formed player-by-player on TV. The networks are always showing something else at the point of where the huddle is forming player-by-player. It's considered a lull point.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my point is that they should focus on the huddle for during playcall, but not during post-play because of the idle animation situation being an issue. I didn't want anyone to think I was saying not to have a huddle formation at any point, lol.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-25-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #30
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Ian was sitting next to me at the event and we were talking about cut scenes. I then got a penalty or something (False start I think), and I saw this:

So I said "You know I hate how they huddle, it never really gets down in there or really shows a realistic huddle formation"

Then I went back to playcall and a closer tighter huddle formation popped up. Ian said "See there. We've got one here." I was like "Uhhh... oh, okay" because I wasn't expecting it.

But I think what may be happening here, is that you get something like the photo when you have penalties or something, and you get the closer shot with a tighter huddle during playcall.

I suggested after the event that less emphasis is placed on showing the formation of the huddle during post-play. It's not necessary, and we wind up seeing the players idle animations which are not too good. I'd rather they not spend any time on idle animations for that, it's not worth it when general post-play is more important and also the fact that you never really see a huddle formed player-by-player on TV. The networks are always showing something else at the point of where the huddle is forming player-by-player. It's considered a lull point.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my point is that they should focus on the huddle for during playcall, but not during post-play because of the idle animation situation being an issue. I didn't want anyone to think I was saying not to have a huddle formation at any point, lol.
This is a great point. Its not something we usually think about because we're so use to the way the various broadcasts are shown on T.V., but I can see how they might miss this when making a game. Its a small thing, but if done correctly would enhance the presentation/atmosphere considerably.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »