Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
Banned
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Unrealistic expectations

It's become quite obvious over the past month that while Madden has left ALOT to be desired, that this game will probably never live up to standards because people have set up unrealistic expectations for it.

And on top of that, it seems like a ton of people on here want to see Madden fail.

For example, when the franchise blog came out, and basically only told us the core fixes of the game, people freaked because it didnt list any mindblowing features. Even though the blog CLEARLY stated that there was alot more franchise info left to unveal, TO THIS DAY I still see people crying that franchise mode is not going to be better because of the blog.

Now, with the trailer. Were there alot of things wrong in the trailer? Absolutely, but even Ian has ADMITTED as much. But its obvious when you hear people say there isnt much improvement over 09 shown in the trailer that they are being completely ignorant.

I have been one of Madden's biggest critics over the years, and I have bashed EA for the mediocrity they have released over the past 4 years. The difference is, Ive waited until I actually played the game before Ive done so. Alot of people on here are bashing the game like theyve already played it, when all theyve seen are a few snapshots, and a video of the Alpha build of the game. If you look at the Alpha build of ANY game, you are bound to find flaws. Yet, people are still dense enough to believe that this is what the final product is going to be like. All I can say to that is wow.

Its like EA is trying to climb out of a pit, and the people on this board are lowering a rope for them to get out of it. But every time they get closer to the rope, people on here pull it away.

Im not saying Madden 2010 will be any better than previous installments, but take a step back and look at reality...

-People who have ACTUALLY PLAYED the alpha build have said the game is much improved, yet people who know very little about the game are trying to say it wont be any better based on a few screenshots and a trailer. Pessimism at its finest.

-They still have two months to work on everything, so while there are still flaws, they still have time to correct alot of them.

-Learn to accept this fact: Madden 2010 will NOT be the perfect football game. People on here seem to expect everything to be perfect after one year. The world wasnt built in one day, and Madden in its current state (Madden 09) cant be perfected in one year.

Ian and the EA staff have been very forthright with us and have VERY OBVIOUSLY been listening, yet some people seem to be very ungreatful.

And please dont say "I dont have to be greatful, I pay 60 dollars for the game". Well, for one, if you dont like the game, dont pay for it. Thats not EA's fault...thats yours.

Secondly, this is obviously a completely different direction than previous years. Can someone point out, in past years, when EA has ever been this interactive with the community.

And one question I am dying to have answered by someone who is bashing the game right now is this...

NAME ME ONE YEAR IN MADDEN's 21 year history that there has been a leap in terms of improvement as big as the one that appears to be coming between 2009 and 2010.

And no, I am not talking about jumps on consoles (like Madden 2000 on PS1 to Madden 2001 on PS2) I mean on the the same console.

We have yet to see any real gameplay footage, or anything close to the final build, nor do we have all the info on improvements in presentation and franchise mode, and I can already say, this will EASILY be the biggest leap from one year to the next.

And please, haters...dont bother calling me a Maddenite or a fanboy, because I am the furthest thing. I just have enough logic to wait until I have all the info or play the game before I start taking my swings.

Its funny how many people are already proclaiming Backbreaker to be better than Madden, even though there is absolutely no real info out on it. People just assume because the movements look more natural that the game will be better. Heh...sorry, no.

Sorry for the rant, but its getting to the point where you dont even want to post here because people are so pessimistic and whine about every little thing. You think you are "helping" but you arent.

There is a big difference between crying about whats wrong and providing constructive criticism. What guys like the ones who went to the community day event did was constructive criticism. I doubt Ian and company wouldve listen to them if they said things like "Why are the players running so stiff? Same old Madden. Never gonna pay for it if you dont fix it"

Bottom line is this....Madden seems to be making huge strides this year compared to previous years, but in the end, its not going to be perfect. To those saying they arent improving the game much, please dont post here or buy the game. Wait for the "Madden crusher" BackBreaker to come out.

Just have a little faith and patience. Madden 2010 wont be perfect by any means, but if its a huge step in the right direction, focus on the improvments and look forward towards the future. If Madden 2010 isnt up to standards, dont buy it and wait for Madden 2011, or like I said, just forget about the Madden franchise altogether.

All the best.
fourthreemafia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!
 
Vikes1's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,115
Re: Unrealistic expectations

I've kept my expectations pretty much in check. So at this point, I'm neither extremely impressed or unimpressed. It's just simply too early to tell quite yet, imo.

Looks like several solid improvements are coming for M10. I feel pretty safe in saying...probably more improvements in one year than we've seen in many years...maybe ever. I do believe a full effort is being made this year, and I can't honestly say I've felt that way with past current gen releases.

My only real disappointment as of now is..that 2K seems to have a monopoly on smooth and fluid animations.
Vikes1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Unrealistic expectations

I'm glad you mentioned that Madden will not be perfect. The only way your post could've been better is if you said that even the "sacred" 2k games that people seem to worship were nowhere near perfect.
NYyankz225 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:29 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Unrealistic expectations

Quote:
We have yet to see any real gameplay footage, or anything close to the final build, nor do we have all the info on improvements in presentation and franchise mode, and I can already say, this will EASILY be the biggest leap from one year to the next.
kinda contradict yourself when you accuse the "haters" of not liking the game due to limited information, then turn around and say this is the biggest leap, with the same limited information

Andy thinks everyone hopes for the best game put out, and hopefully Ian and Co realize how much the interaction means to the community.. people want to voice their opinion, and it's all it is, an opinion, in the end they might be right, or you might be right, but this is a forum, for people to voice their opinion, so skip over it if you don't like it ( this is to the reasonable criticism, to the other crap that people try to pass off as criticism, agreed 100%)

The whole, If you see it on Sundays mantra, prob got people a little over anxious, and excited

the biggest prob that has come up IAO, is the no double team.. it makes running the 3-4 useless, and unless it's a back of the box feature (hopefully) we all see that on sundays, every play.. so maybe people got too hyped when that statement was made, one year or not, most of us have zero knowledge on how to make a video game, so we don't know the limits, and have unrealistic expectations.. shouldn't mean we are bashed for having them (as long as they come off in a somewhat respectful manner)
AndyBernard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
Banned
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Unrealistic expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
kinda contradict yourself when you accuse the "haters" of not liking the game due to limited information, then turn around and say this is the biggest leap, with the same limited information

Andy thinks everyone hopes for the best game put out, and hopefully Ian and Co realize how much the interaction means to the community.. people want to voice their opinion, and it's all it is, an opinion, in the end they might be right, or you might be right, but this is a forum, for people to voice their opinion, so skip over it if you don't like it ( this is to the reasonable criticism, to the other crap that people try to pass off as criticism, agreed 100%)

The whole, If you see it on Sundays mantra, prob got people a little over anxious, and excited

the biggest prob that has come up IAO, is the no double team.. it makes running the 3-4 useless, and unless it's a back of the box feature (hopefully) we all see that on sundays, every play.. so maybe people got too hyped when that statement was made, one year or not, most of us have zero knowledge on how to make a video game, so we don't know the limits, and have unrealistic expectations.. shouldn't mean we are bashed for having them (as long as they come off in a somewhat respectful manner)
I thought someone might say that, but what I meant was that some people are already being ignorant to the changes that have been made. Those are the haters I am referring to. The reason I am confident this game will be the best is based on all the info that has been release, I can already tell its going to be improved in alot of ways. But the haters are bashing every little thing and the game isnt even done yet, so alot of those things they are crying about still have a chance of being fixed.
fourthreemafia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Unrealistic expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I thought someone might say that, but what I meant was that some people are already being ignorant to the changes that have been made. Those are the haters I am referring to. The reason I am confident this game will be the best is based on all the info that has been release, I can already tell its going to be improved in alot of ways. But the haters are bashing every little thing and the game isnt even done yet, so alot of those things they are crying about still have a chance of being fixed.
agreed with bold

disagree with the underline


serious question, does the apparent lack of a double team on the defense bother you? do you think that is fixable before ship?

And again, Andy realizes they could only do so much in a year, but how does this not get corrected? It happens every play!! and effects if you should even run a style of defense!

personally, Double teams>>> 9 man gang tackling, but guess the gang tackling would appeal to the masses more, and might be easier to implement..

gonna shut up about it, don't want to come across as ungrateful, because if the info so far released is put effectively into the game ( gameplay and franchise) it's gonna be a first day purchase
AndyBernard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:58 AM   #7
Banned
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Unrealistic expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
agreed with bold

disagree with the underline


serious question, does the apparent lack of a double team on the defense bother you? do you think that is fixable before ship?

And again, Andy realizes they could only do so much in a year, but how does this not get corrected? It happens every play!! and effects if you should even run a style of defense!

personally, Double teams>>> 9 man gang tackling, but guess the gang tackling would appeal to the masses more, and might be easier to implement..

gonna shut up about it, don't want to come across as ungrateful, because if the info so far released is put effectively into the game ( gameplay and franchise) it's gonna be a first day purchase

I agree with alot of what you have to say dude, and I am not saying everything will be perfect. As I said in my OP...it wont be perfect this year, and the lack of a double team SORELY disappoints me.

But like I said, I have seen enough improvements thus far to at least know the game is moving in the right direction. I dont expect the game to be right where is should be. IMO, this years game is the game we shouldve had when the system was first released, so it wont be until Madden 2011 or 2012 that I expect a game that really delivers and is realistic in every single aspect, and even then, I guarantee, there will be flaws.

Just saying that alot of people are hypercritical of the game. Its one thing to destroy the final product, but to bash the game when its only in the Alpha build is just dumb IMO.
fourthreemafia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:08 AM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Unrealistic expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I agree with alot of what you have to say dude, and I am not saying everything will be perfect. As I said in my OP...it wont be perfect this year, and the lack of a double team SORELY disappoints me.

But like I said, I have seen enough improvements thus far to at least know the game is moving in the right direction. I dont expect the game to be right where is should be. IMO, this years game is the game we shouldve had when the system was first released, so it wont be until Madden 2011 or 2012 that I expect a game that really delivers and is realistic in every single aspect, and even then, I guarantee, there will be flaws.

Just saying that alot of people are hypercritical of the game. Its one thing to destroy the final product, but to bash the game when its only in the Alpha build is just dumb IMO.

Agreed with all

must have misread the op

sorry
AndyBernard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 AM.

Top -