Home

WHOA! Did I read this right - D. Hall went to a 68????

This is a discussion on WHOA! Did I read this right - D. Hall went to a 68???? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: WHOA! Did I read this right - D. Hall went to a 68????

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Well I hadn't thought about the new ratings, I was used to the old. Thanks for pointing that out. I've been so used to the old and I'll admit I didn't play 09 so please excuse my complaints.
At least you are reasonable. I dont understand why fans get so worked up about THEIR team. Just because I am a panther fan doesnt mean I think my team is holier then JC himself. Heck, Im more of a fan of players themselves then a single team. I just fell in love with the Panthers uniforms/players and I live in the south haha. I still like/root for the Saints, Bucs, and Falcons...Teams in my own divison haha. But I still like the panthers more.

@ exonerated

I would expect Cromartie to be in the high 60s area as well
Old 04-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #18
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

You also have to factor in how they are actually rating players for Madden 10.

Quote:
Every position and every rating has been re-scaled to expand the range of numbers we are dealing with. The Overall Rating for your average NFL player has dropped. Your Joe Average linebacker who was 80 OVR is now dropped down to 70. The players who were before right on the cusp of 90 in a rating category are now down around 85-88…Meaning, there are fewer superstar players out there.
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...a-new-era.aspx
Old 04-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

No offense, but Hall is not an ELITE corner. He's a solid starter and that's what his rating shows. 68 isn't horrible. You guys still have the old scale in your heads. I'm going to have Fabian Washington and he's not rated high either and played well for us when he was able to play.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
No offense, but Hall is not an ELITE corner. He's a solid starter and that's what his rating shows. 68 isn't horrible. You guys still have the old scale in your heads. I'm going to have Fabian Washington and he's not rated high either and played well for us when he was able to play.
Was Cromartie's rating somewhere near Hall, because imo, they are exactly the same player. Except no one hears that Cromartie had an incredibly bad season.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Was Cromartie's rating somewhere near Hall, because imo, they are exactly the same player. Except no one hears that Cromartie had an incredibly bad season.
Which one Chargers or Cards? I didn't get a chance to check Chargers Cromartie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

Ah the Chargers one.

Don't worry about it. I hope to find out he sucks soon enough
Old 04-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 12

I really didn't watch that many Skins games last year.

So, you guys are saying he is a bad man coverage guy, which is going to instantly make him a worse player then one that can play both systems, man and zone.

From what you are saying the Skins have a zone system. In that system the safety play is more important then the CB when it comes to getting burnt often times the safety takes the or at least help the CB in deep coverages.

Is it possible that the safety play made him look like a much better player then he is?

I am a Bears fan and we play zone. Our safeties didn't do well last year and made Tillman, who I think is a great CB look poor, even though most of the time it wasn't his fault.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #24
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Another upset fan.

No offense, but Hall didnt perform outstandingly well in comparison to how he was playing with the raiders. Look at it this way(although I know I wont be able to get to you) Hall with the Raiders wanted him to cover all day long with NO pass rush. WRs would break him down and he looked extremely bad because he was trying to use his speed to keep up.

Fastforward to the Skins...The Skins have a pass rush and he was no longer called on to cover indefinitly and if a QB made a mistake he used his speed to make a play.

Hall has great ball skills(hands), return ability, and speed. Thats it.

Before you go aguring about this this and this. Someone already brought it up. Look at A. Cromartie. Last year he had what 10 picks? This year he looked like a bum. Its because he lost Shawn Merriman(sp). The chargers entire defense didnt look the same without Merriman disrupting everything. Cromartie is almost a carbon copy of Hall, Great ball skills, Return ability, and speed.
HAHAHA DUDE ARE YOU JOKING!!! The Washington redskins had a combined sack total of 19!!! That is the lowest for any team in NFL HISTORY!!! Don't come on here trying to say they have a pass rush, they had the worst pass rush in NFL HISTORY last year, you are a joke man.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/by...106&timeframe=

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »