Home

WHOA! Did I read this right - D. Hall went to a 68????

This is a discussion on WHOA! Did I read this right - D. Hall went to a 68???? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
WHOA! Did I read this right - D. Hall went to a 68????

http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blogs...n-ratings.html

WTF???????????

Wait a second - when he came to Washington he actually made ALOT of improvements from Oakland. He made plays for us and would've had another interception on his resume if during the NYG vs Washington game S. Springs did not jump in and try to INT the ball overtop of D. Hall. This I think is a bunch of BS!

And why did C. Horton get no love in the improved list? The kid won us 2 games last year (Saints and Dallas) the end of the season his stats fell off because of injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: WHOA! Did I read this right - D. Hall went to a 68????

Yeah I don't agree with this one either. And TO not a top 10 receiver.

I guess its because these guys get bad press.

But Hall was pathetic man-to-man in Oakland. Like worse in the league, worse than A. Cromartie. All speed. 0 Man coverage in okaland.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
Banned

Yes but funny how he switched teams and volia was NOT getting burnt. Like he said Oakland's scheme did NOT fit him. But he showed up in Washington making plays...hell his first start he picked off Romo on their first drive
Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Granted i'm a skins fan, but honestly EA is saying that 3 of the 5 worst rated players from a year ago reside in Washington? I take huge issue with that.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Banned

D. Thomas I DO understand. He just was not really ready but first year WRS (especially one without alot of starting experience) rarely ever do that well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

We wanted low ratings now we got it and still not happy????

A 68 obviously wont be the same 68 n madden's past plus Hall is not even a good DB....When it comes to Man coverage he's just fast lol
Old 04-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

Another upset fan.

No offense, but Hall didnt perform outstandingly well in comparison to how he was playing with the raiders. Look at it this way(although I know I wont be able to get to you) Hall with the Raiders wanted him to man cover all day long with NO pass rush. WRs would break him down and he looked extremely bad because he was trying to use his speed to keep up.

Fastforward to the Skins...The Skins have a better Defense and he was no longer called on to cover indefinitly and if a QB made a mistake he used his speed to make a play. By defense, I felt they had more QB hurries(obviously did not have many sacks) and the safety play was like day and night compared to the raiders. Sure Hall didnt get burned because he had two great safeties to watch his back.

Hall has great ball skills(hands), return ability, and speed. Thats it.

Before you go aguring about this this and this. Someone already brought it up. Look at A. Cromartie. Last year he had what 10 picks? This year he looked like a bum. Its because he lost Shawn Merriman(sp). The chargers entire defense didnt look the same without Merriman disrupting everything. Cromartie is almost a carbon copy of Hall, Great ball skills, Return ability, and speed.

A 68 is alright because he has good hands and is an very physically gifted player. 70 is basicly the new standard for an average player instead of in the 80s

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 04-25-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

But to drop Devin like that is basically calling him a busy after 1 season, and what about Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly? I'm no ratings expert and I doubt I could do a better job than Donny and Co, but that doesn't mean I have to like or totally agree with them. But it's all good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »