Home

Last-Gen Play Call screens!!!

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Play Call screens!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Last-Gen Play Call screens!!!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU so much to EA Sports for bringing back the Last-Gen Play Call screens!!!

This is way better then having to pick from like 30 windows!

Madden 10 maybe the first Madden I buy for Next Gen PS3!

Ive been playing Madden 08 PC version for the last few years as its still way better the any Madden on PS3/Xbox 360!

Last edited by mike75; 04-25-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Last-Gen Play Call screens!!!

I agree. Im stoked they brought back the last gen playcalling.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

I personally really liked the PIP playbook from 09. But I probably wont miss it. Glad to see they brought back the 3 button last gen playbook. While holding the triggers was good to give the plays different buttons, it made no sense since the buttons could of just been there to begin with (without holding the triggers). And don't get me started with the bluff play system that was in the early maddens this gen...
Old 04-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

The last-gen playcall screen kicks ***!!!

I can't be more excited...great...great addition...
Old 04-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 27

I'm glad there are people who like it, but I personally still think it is a step backwards.

Not only was the concept of the PIP from 09 more robust, it ensured that everything you needed was pretty much right in front of you and it did look pretty cool, too. That to me is what advancement is about. This "new" one is literally going backwards.

I liked the idea of being able to bring up stat cards with photos in 09's PIP. Where is that in the "new" playcall? I like the quick toggle to stats and what not in the 09 PIP as well.

The PIP just needed a larger video window, keep the plays to the left with a vertical layout and we keep moving forward.

I also don't like the fact that the plays in the "new" one covers a good portion of the picture window which obstructs the view of the between-play action. I must admit, I'm very disappointed with the playcall setup. It's just outdated and needlessly stripped-down.

When I saw it at Community Day, I just thought "Oh, this is just a placeholder, they must still be working on it". I'm stunned that this is actually the final.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-25-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

From what I saw from the game play "Trailer" the new play call screens are absolutely fantastic and the presentation looks light years better then what it has been years before. Thank you Madden for going back to what it was in the past years, it looks so much better.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19

Last-Gen Play Call screens are a lot more simple to use!!! User Friendly

I HATE Next Gen Play call screens!!!

Thank god Last-Gen Play Call screens are coming back!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'm glad there are people who like it, but I personally still think it is a step backwards.

Not only was the concept of the PIP from 09 more robust, it ensured that everything you needed was pretty much right in front of you and it did look pretty cool, too. That to me is what advancement is about. This "new" one is literally going backwards.

I liked the idea of being able to bring up stat cards with photos in 09's PIP. Where is that in the "new" playcall? I like the quick toggle to stats and what not in the 09 PIP as well.

The PIP just needed a larger video window, keep the plays to the left with a vertical layout and we keep moving forward.

I also don't like the fact that the plays in the "new" one covers a good portion of the picture window which obstructs the view of the between-play action. I must admit, I'm very disappointed with the playcall setup. It's just outdated and needlessly stripped-down.

When I saw it at Community Day, I just thought "Oh, this is just a placeholder, they must still be working on it". I'm stunned that this is actually the final.

I can say quite confidently, YOU are definitely in the minority. Last-Gen playcalling WORKS, user friendly and MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE.

Trust me, after 2 games yuou will never even remember the garbage screens we have now.

I am VERY thrilled by that announcement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »