Home

Aaron Curry's Ratings in Madden (Official?)

This is a discussion on Aaron Curry's Ratings in Madden (Official?) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Aaron Curry's Ratings in Madden (Official?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
alot of people didn't like Mcfadden and his chicken legs.. hype shouldn't determine a rating..

and Curry wasn't really used to rush the passer at WF, not because of a lack of ability, just his role.. Just because Taylor Mays role is to not let anything get by him, doesn't mean he isn't very good in other aspects..even so, with coaching, just like any rookie, he will improve that aspect

He does every thing really really great, but isn't a superstar in one aspect of the game

his zc should be higher than a 45 IAO

Curry is a very complete prospect, which is what should make the rating what it is.. a prospect like Maybin who is a good pass rusher, but needs a ton of help in the run support area? make him a 76, or a 74,(whatever is in porportion to the other rooks) but Curry is head and shoulders above the other rookies in this class, and his ratings should reflect it..

also, him slipping isn't a concern, he won't make it past 5, if Stl decides to go o-line like they should, if Kansas City would pass, prob only be for Jackson, and if Seattle would pass on him, prob only for Crabs or Sanchez, but no way he gets by the Browns
I would agree that hype shouldn't determine ratings, but when EA is putting that hype into their analysis of the player then that leads me to think it is well based.

I am not saying that curry is not a great rookie, I think he is. I think that he is currently the best player in the class. What I was saying is if they are really lowering the ratings then shouldn't he be lower than comparable players in previous versions.

DMC is a good example here because he was not only a top rated rookie, but also a top rated rookie running back. They are usually rated higher as they seem to make more of an impact in general as rookies than other positions. However, they tend to drop off quicker as well.

What was the highest rated rookie OLB in last years game or maybe the one before? that would really be a better comparison.

As far as him being able to rush the passer, their is no proof of that. You have to go with the proven skills above the guesses that a player might be able to do something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #26
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5

i have no problem at all with curry's rating....he is one of the best in this year's class. to say that all rookies should have no more than 68 or whatever else some guys were saying is just ignorant.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #27
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatriotsfan
for one they play 2 different positions. in madden 08 p.willis overall was like an 89 when that game came out
No, it was an 86. Not big difference, but out of the box he was behind Derrick Smith. I'm not upset by this overall rating. 85 is solid. I do agree that the new ratings philosophy should be more visable, but ratings are also subjective. You can disagree with Donny more, but he gets a lot of these as close and reasonable as possible. I think he hates on my 7-9 49ers too much making them look as bad or worse [in terms of team ratings] as the Raiders and Rams. [but that's my opinion and others will just say "teh 49ers suck lololololo!!!1!one!!!!!!elventyone!!!"]
Old 04-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr

What was the highest rated rookie OLB in last years game or maybe the one before? that would really be a better comparison.
One of Curry's biggest + is the fact that he is NFL ready

meaning he doesn't have much more to develop

It's not often guys come in ready to play, so when a prospect who can, does, he should be rated as so

now if anyone is rated above Curry, agree that they should tone it down, or if they have a number of guys in the 80's, then it should still be fixed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »