Home

Wild Kat is going to be over used???

This is a discussion on Wild Kat is going to be over used??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Wild Kat is going to be over used???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
The Panthers actually use a lot of wildcat-esque stuff (don't kill me if it's not the "actual" Wildcat), so I wouldn't be surprised if it's in their playbook as well.
In 07 they used smith at qb at least a little in a wildcat-esque manner when delhome and carr were out. Arizona did the same with anquan. Both of those were before the outbreak of the wildcat this last season.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molarmite
No, there have been other teams that came out and said they are using the wildcat formation so I can only assume that their playbook would include it as well.
Other teams used direct snap plays. No other team used the Wildcat.

When will people learn that while the Wildcat is a RB direct snap, not all RB direct snaps are the Wildcat.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
In 07 they used smith at qb at least a little in a wildcat-esque manner when delhome and carr were out. Arizona did the same with anquan. Both of those were before the outbreak of the wildcat this last season.
They actually had a game a couple years ago where DeAngelo Williams basically got direct snaps all game.

But they did run some stuff last year with DeAngelo at QB. I really don't know if it's "wildcat" per se though.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearbornDolfan
Other teams used direct snap plays. No other team used the Wildcat.

When will people learn that while the Wildcat is a RB direct snap, not all RB direct snaps are the Wildcat.
That's what I'm saying. My patriots have used the RB direct snap to Kevin Faulk for i dunno how long
Old 04-26-2009, 01:58 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
I dont get it....

Player A is a QB who has never played WR or returned any punts in college but you expect him to suceed at WR even though he has no route experience or any of that.

Player B is the exact same thing as Player A except he played Corner in college.

If coaches were to try to move Malcolm Jenkins from Ohio State to WR for instance they would be called crazy since he played no WR.

But when its a QB whos faster than average all of a sudden there expected to no how to play WR?
The reason for this is player A in these situations is a guy who has never played QB in a pro style offense and is basically going to be a developmental prospect either as a receiver or as a QB.

The player however is seen as having the athleticism to play either position. Therefore he is going to be most valuable to his team in whichever position he can make the biggest impact to the team the quickest.

As a QB this guy will have to be carried on the roster for probably 2 or 3 years without truly impacting the team in any way. After that time he may or may not have developed into a solid stater.

As a WR/KR however the guy can really make more of an impact much earlier. Based on pure athleticism and elusiveness which can be seen from the running ability he has shown he can already produce at least somewhat as a returner and sensationally on screen passes, reverses, and other such plays as well as a wildcat QB. That alone is probably more valuable than the chance that he might become a solid starting QB plus then he has the chance of becoming a solid starter as a receiver. This is a much safer and much more appealing situation for the team as he can at least make some impact right away without really greatly lowering his ceiling potential impact too greatly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 03:21 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Why is everyone so worried about the damn wild cat? Let's wait for the details before assuming that it's going to be over used.
This is true, i think its just gonna play out like a draw. And draws in madden arent that effective.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:34 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

No, but I have a feeling the Wild cat might be overused.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #24

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite_speed
No, but I have a feeling the Wild cat might be overused.
It might be. Cheesers are definitly going to try to find glitches and exploits in this wild cat. It just depends on how there implementing the wild cat and how procedural awareness plays out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »