Home

Are you kidding me?

This is a discussion on Are you kidding me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #33
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Are you kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
If his individual ratings come out fine, whatever. But I have a feeling his accuracy is going to come out in the 60's, which is a joke considering he hasn't shown he's any less accurate than the QBs picked ahead of him. I mean, how else would he be a 61 considering he's likely to have good speed and throw on the run rating, and decent enough arm strength, unless he awareness is literally a zero.
This.

I don't mind him being a low rated quaterback. 68 or even as low as a 65 seems perfectly fine for me. But anyone who thinks he deserves a freaking 61 is just sitting on the Todd McShay views.

He outperformed Sanchez in accuracy drills in the combine, was called one of the best QB's at the combines he was at, and had an outstanding completion % throughout his entire college career.

But I forgot ... he can run, and is only 6'1'', so he must suck.

Last edited by MtneerManiac; 04-25-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 12

Look the bottom line is the only reason he was picked by the Dolphins is the offense they run. NO ONE thought he was first round talent.

If he has a great arm, and was considered really accurate plus his running skills he wouldn't have landed where he did. If he has a average arm and is fast that puts him at a 2nd round (for a team that fits) or 3rd as a prospect.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

i love pat white but think its fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Who are you to make that assessment? Are you a coach or a scout? At the combine and senior bowl practice some scouts said he was the most impressive QB there.
He is NOT an NFL caliber QB his game will be squashed at this level, if you knew ANYTHING about football you would know that.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Look the bottom line is the only reason he was picked by the Dolphins is the offense they run. NO ONE thought he was first round talent.

If he has a great arm, and was considered really accurate plus his running skills he wouldn't have landed where he did. If he has a average arm and is fast that puts him at a 2nd round (for a team that fits) or 3rd as a prospect.
He was projected mid-2nd. He went mid-2nd. Worst case scenario, I can guarantee you he would NOT have fallen past Carolina at 59. He wasn't leaving the second round. this was not a reach, or a pick only the Dolphins would have made. Pat White was projected as a mid 2nd rounder.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #38
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I dont mind Pat White being a 61 if they were really scaling down but if people are getting rating in the 80's and high 70's as rookies I have a problem with Pat White as a 61. I watched the combines and heard the comments about his performance and he was one of the best thrower's there and when you add that with his speed and quickness he should be higher then a 61.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmlives
Honestly, I don't think he should be as high as the 1st round guys, but I do think 61 is too low. I figure high 60's atleast, low 70 maybe. I know the ratings are spread out more, but 99.9% of the people drafted so far have been higher than 70; Pat White being the other .1%.

61? That must mean he has either virtually no arm or no speed and awareness, which I believe he should have. If guys like Vince Young and Dennis Dixon come out and have 80+ speed (Even with an injury for Dixon), Pat White should most definetly have atleast an 80. He ran the 40 well, He ran the ball more than 50% of the time at West Virginia, He had the most yards in NCAA history as a QB (And it wasn't because he was running people over either), and not to mention, He'll be spending time at Reciever. Honestly, he's one of the fastest players in pads coming out of the draft, and to not have him with significant speed, definetly not a 90, but 80-88, is a crime. Especially when a guy who ran 4.4-4.5 gets rated with 97 speed. Honestly, I would rate his speed 87 or 88.

And it's true what Mike Mayock says, he has better arm strength than people like to give him credit for. I don't know about you Donny, but if you watched the combine and watched his game tape from LAST year you can see he has more than decent arm strength (More so than a guy like Pennington). So if his Throwing Power is so low that his overall would drop low enough to a 61, than that's also wrongfully depriving this guy of his talent. Throwing power should atleast be an 86, seeing how Mark Sanchez is only a 90, and he's one or two notches stronger. However, accuracy is where I could see him lacking, but not lower than 65 in any catagory.

Honestly, I don't see much weakness in Pat White in anything other than strength, accuracy, and awareness. He may not excel in arm strength, but he's still got plenty. He should be the fastest QB in the game, if not top 3. His catching should be poor, since he's not proven yet; maybe 60-65. But as a QB, I figure him panning out to be in the high 60's to lower 70s.

Maybe Donny or somebody could shed some light on his individual stats that make his overall so low.
AMAN
Old 04-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #40
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
He is NOT an NFL caliber QB his game will be squashed at this level, if you knew ANYTHING about football you would know that.
Yes. We all wish we knew as much about the game of football as you do.

The problem we have is his rating in relation to the other rookies.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »