Home

Are you kidding me?

This is a discussion on Are you kidding me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Are you kidding me?

This is what I think you are going to see:

Arm strength 84
Short accuracy 72
Mid accuracy 66
Long accuracy 59
Play action pass 45
AWR 45
Speed 90

The combination of lower AWR, mid&long acc, play action, and arm strength creates the 61 OVR.

But maybe this guy will be the Forte of this draft but I highly doubt it. This is the most highly sort after position in the game and running athletic QBs are higher even still. If he had ANY chance of being a great or even good passer at the NFL level someone would have taken him in the first round and early.

But the Dolphins recently seem to have really good luck with QBs so I am sure he will be the next Dan Marino but with running skills as well.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 6

Andy can't take this thread any longer

have fun editing whites rating from a 61 when the game comes out
Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #59
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
Leinart is a 62, so now, 61 isnt low for pat white..
Thats why this scaling down thing is bogus and it seems like a personal witch hunt for certain players. I cant say if Leinart sucks or not he just hasnt played enough.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #60
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

45 Awareness? Really?

Give me 55.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
This is what I think you are going to see:

Arm strength 84
Short accuracy 72
Mid accuracy 66
Long accuracy 59
Play action pass 45
AWR 45
Speed 90

The combination of lower AWR, mid&long acc, play action, and arm strength creates the 61 OVR.

But maybe this guy will be the Forte of this draft but I highly doubt it. This is the most highly sort after position in the game and running athletic QBs are higher even still. If he had ANY chance of being a great or even good passer at the NFL level someone would have taken him in the first round and early.

But the Dolphins recently seem to have really good luck with QBs so I am sure he will be the next Dan Marino but with running skills as well.
It's the middle of the 2nd round! Good players get picked there all the time. It's not like we're talking 5th round here. He got picked in the middle of the 2nd round!

And if those are his accuracy ratings (which I fear they are), he got ripped off. Low Awareness and Play Action I can see, but those accuracy ratings are really selling him short.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

They are hating on my boy Pat, He is surely closer to 70.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
I also wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't for his factual stats.

Since he became a starter he's had a 65%+ completion percentage. In his last college game, he went 26/32 for 332 yards with 3 touchdowns. Does that sound like a 61 overall player, especially when you take into account his speed?

Let's take in comparrison Josh Freeman, who's career average for completion percentage was 58%, and isn't anything close to Pat's speed or game changing ability.

And Freeman is like a 77 or something like that. Are you telling me Josh Freeman is that much better than Pat White? Please. Don't make me laugh.
How many players in the College Hall of Fame became NFL Hall of Fame players?

How many didn't play more then 2 seasons?

Go look at the Bears first round QBs college stats. Then look at their NFL.

It is all a crap shoot.

Overall though show me the passing careers of great running QBs in the NFL. VERY VERY VERY few great rushing QBs have even good passing numbers. That is why any if any team thought he was a good passer he would have been early first round material.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
I also wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't for his factual stats.

Since he became a starter he's had a 65%+ completion percentage. In his last college game, he went 26/32 for 332 yards with 3 touchdowns. Does that sound like a 61 overall player, especially when you take into account his speed?

Let's take in comparrison Josh Freeman, who's career average for completion percentage was 58%, and isn't anything close to Pat's speed or game changing ability.

And Freeman is like a 77 or something like that. Are you telling me Josh Freeman is that much better than Pat White? Please. Don't make me laugh.
You for got something. He was 4-0 in bowl games. The only Qb to ever do that. And, i think he was MVP in all them. As far as fit, if someone going to say Miami picked him to run the wildcat. Then he should be rated alot higher then 61, cuz then that will be playing into what to do best. But, i think he could play qb and be very good in a yr or 2. All the ppl that say he should be a 61, is being homers. Or think that he will be cheese cuz of the wildcat in the game. The think they keep sayin is if someone is good he will be in the game. But a 61 for Pat White just its right.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »