Home

New Visual Design of Presentation... and the future...

This is a discussion on New Visual Design of Presentation... and the future... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: New Visual Design of Presentation... and the future...

Going the Sunday Night Football route would be the best way to go, but I wonder how far they can go without having a lawsuit from NBC. I wouldn't think it would go that far, but you never know.

This game is looking good. I'm cautiously optimistic with this and the franchise notice.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

They can take it as far as they're going now, as long as they don't use or make mention of NBC, which of course wouldn't happen anyway.

I'm taking a lot of this as a hint. They were on Jimmy Fallon (NBC) premiering the game on National TV showing NBC-styled overlays, and their in-game commentary talent all works for NBC... now the design they've shown for the draft is NBC-inspired.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I hope they get rid of that grainy display they use on the play call screen for the in screen pictures / replays. I never understood why they reduced the quality of their video there. Why do you make something look worse intentionally???
That won't be a problem. The window is now full screen, except that the plays cover a good portion of the bottom of the screen which is annoying to me and it just looks like clutter over something I want to see. The viewing window should be clear of obstructions.

Have you had a chance to check out that segment on Jimmy Fallon? Apparently, they're going with a PS2-Styled playcall now, so the entire PIP concept has been 86'd, which I'm not happy about at all. It just looks so vanilla now. They could've made it simpler if they wanted, but at least jazzed it up to match what it appears they want to do with all the other stuff.

I did see that "new" playcall setup at community day, but it seemed obvious to me at the time that it was just a placeholder and they were still working on it. I am still shocked and dismayed that they went with this new stripped down playcall, especially since I see no way to toggle and bring up player stat/photo cards in-game from the video on Fallon. It looks unfinished, and still looks like just a placeholder.

At least they could give us an option to click in playcall where I can get a full screen stat/photo card if I want to see it. That would actually be better than the PIP one, but I doubt it's going to happen.

I also don't care for the plays covering a part of the window. They should've gone with the Madden Next Gen style mock-up being buzzed about in the Winter. It would've kept everything simple enough, but still left all of the functionality without losing anything, and it would've looked good, too.

I just don't get why they decided to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #12
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
They can take it as far as they're going now, as long as they don't use or make mention of NBC, which of course wouldn't happen anyway.

I'm taking a lot of this as a hint. They were on Jimmy Fallon (NBC) premiering the game on National TV showing NBC-styled overlays, and their in-game commentary talent all works for NBC... now the design they've shown for the draft is NBC-inspired.
I think you're getting somewhere with this. If they got a deal done with these guys... it's gonna be so sick!! I know they have the resources to do so, but if not, it still looks AMAZING.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 04-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Dan Patrick for EA Network Analyst!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »