Home

Now that you have seen the 1st round rookie ratings..

This is a discussion on Now that you have seen the 1st round rookie ratings.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Now that you have seen the 1st round rookie ratings..

Tell me first of all why a team would trade a 1st rounder who hasn't even played a game for them.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
My perspective is you live with your teams decisions. My Fav Team (Dallas) didn't even have a 1st or 2nd rounder...
I think this is the worst draft with ever had. We needed WR,CB and S, and we pick OL and DL. We could have picked up Rashad Johnson and Donald Washington. But no let them go.

I don't know what the hell Jerry Jones was thinking!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 04-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
I think this is the worst draft with ever had. We needed WR,CB and S, and we pick OL and DL. We could have picked up Rashad Johnson and Donald Washington. But no let them go.

I don't know what the hell Jerry Jones was thinking!
At least he finally picked up a corner and we do still have 6 picks left...Plus we still have that WR from Tech on our practice squad from last year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

People have their own way of enjoying the franchise experience, and I respect that.

However, I agree with the rest of the guys.

I am a Steeler fan, and I run my team just like the Steelers. I never go big in FA. I build through the draft. I resign my own.

I cant stand when people do franchises and trade for a bunch of good players and try to make their team unstoppable. Honestly, where is the fun in that? The point of franchise (IMO at least), is to go through the ups and downs of it all. Its no fun if you build an all Madden team from teh get go.

Hopefully, this Madden is fixed so that ridiculous trades arent possible.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
People have their own way of enjoying the franchise experience, and I respect that.

I am a Steeler fan, and I run my team just like the Steelers. I never go big in FA. I build through the draft. I resign my own.

I cant stand when people do franchises and trade for a bunch of good players and try to make their team unstoppable. Honestly, where is the fun in that? The point of franchise (IMO at least), is to go through the ups and downs of it all. Its no fun if you build an all Madden team from teh get go.

But, say this is your first year as a head coach. You dont get the ability to draft this class. Whats so unrealistic about trading Bey and a 4th for Cushing, or something like that? They had the 7th pick, I don't see whats so unrealistic about just trading straight up for Cushing. If thats the guy I was after, and I could have taken him at 7, then rewriting history a bit isn't the same as trading Brady for a 7th rounder.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia

100%

It's just as stupid and the same as doing a fantasy draft in my opion, I hate that stuff.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I often think i will trade for a guy but then i see guys on another team and don't like them. I might get Michael Johnson for the eagles. I always have patrick willis on my team, so i dont care from day one. I'll trade bradley to the 49ers and take him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #16
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins#20
I often think i will trade for a guy but then i see guys on another team and don't like them. I might get Michael Johnson for the eagles. I always have patrick willis on my team, so i dont care from day one. I'll trade bradley to the 49ers and take him
Right...because the Niners want to trade their cornerstone of the defense in Willis...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »