Home

Errors on Denver Broncos Knowshon Moreno Jersey and Rating (Donny)

This is a discussion on Errors on Denver Broncos Knowshon Moreno Jersey and Rating (Donny) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #17
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Errors on Denver Broncos Knowshon Moreno Jersey and Rating (Donny)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplayawitdafunk
Main purpose of the thread. I wasnt going to mention the speed, but i figured no time like the present.
Do they have those pants as an alternate uniform? There's a bug in there that's screwing up a lot of uniforms. It happened with the 'Niners and Dolphins too, but it was a different part of the uniform.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Okay, now I know you're bias. More sudden? I assume you're talking about burst... so now you're saying that Moreno is not only stronger in his own weakness than Gore, but you're saying he's better at Gore's strength? C'mon, man, you're nuts.
They are similar backs thats why I listed him, Frank Gore is more accomplished and he is great at what he does, but in a foot race im taking Moreno. In an agility test im taking Moreno. In a high jump im taking Moreno.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Do they have those pants as an alternate uniform? There's a bug in there that's screwing up a lot of uniforms. It happened with the 'Niners and Dolphins too, but it was a different part of the uniform.
Not that i know of. That is their Road white on white pants, with the blue stripe down the middle. At home they wear either blue on white with the orange strip or blue on blue with orange stripe.

Home

Road

Old 04-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #20

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
yea, those pants are the away pants as seen in a picture above posted by another user.

So it's just a minor bug at this point then?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #21
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplayawitdafunk
They are similar backs thats why I listed him, Frank Gore is more accomplished and he is great at what he does, but in a foot race im taking Moreno. In an agility test im taking Moreno. In a high jump im taking Moreno.
I'm not going to say the two aren't similar, I like Moreno. They play the same 1-cut slasher style, and they're both high motor guys who keep the feet moving, and I think Moreno is the kind of back who can make a big impact in the NFL. I love those Terrell Davis style one-cut, hit the whole, no dance style runners.

However, Gore's strengths are his determination with the ball (another thing Moreno shares) and his burst. It's hard to say a guy who hasn't played at that level can meet that. There are maybe 3 other backs in the NFL who can!

There are areas where Moreno is better... he's shiftier, has better lateral movement, more moves. Where Gore will grind through a tackle, Moreno will spin out of it... he reminds of Ricky Watters in the whole, has a great spin move... unless you're talking about Adrian Peterson or Darren McFadden, who's bursts are otherworldy, you can't take a rookie with similar skills and give him numbers above a guy who's the same type of back who's proven himself.

At any rate, if I remember right, Gore has an 87 or 88 speed in the game, so it's not like they're making Gore a burner by comparison.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 04-26-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #22

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Good to know. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #23
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I'm just throwin this out there, but maybe cuz he's never played in the NFL before? Let the kid prove himself in the NFL before we anoint him top 5 in elusiveness. LT, Westbrook, DeAngelo, Sproles, Parker. That's 5 right there that you could argue are more elusive than Moreno. Let him prove himself and let the roster update take care of things.
I tend to agree with this line of thought. I also think that people (myslef included) have taken to much stock in the numerical ratings. Donny and Co. gave us what we wanted they re-did the ratings and lowered the overalls for just about everyone. This was done because the "community" felt that there were too many "superstars". I over reacted when I heard about the rating that DeAngelo Hall got in one thread then I took a step back and saw that this is what I wanted. There are a lot of average NFL players that play the game and fewer superstars.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #24
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Errors on Denver Broncos Knowshon Moreno Jersey and Rating (Donny)

If only there was some magical method by which things like this could be adjusted based on preseason and early season performance. It's a shame that the ratings we saw yesterday will stay the same clear through Aug of 2010 when '11 comes out. If only someone, preferrably named Al, could invent some way to transfer information from one machine to another machine so things like this could be adjusted later.

Darnit man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »